“Not very good and out of many items”
Review of Mina's Thai - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mina's Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 12, 2016 via mobile

We tried to order chicken satay and were told they were out of peanut sauce. In a Thai restaurant??? They were also out of pork. We were a large group and ordered many different things. The universal reaction seemed to be "OK but I've had better." Everything was bland whether the request was for mild, medium, or hot.

Reviewed July 11, 2015 via mobile

This place is NOT open on Saturday for lunch. We drove her special for lunch from Globe only to discover it was closed. Thankfully good sushi bar near by but really had a taste for Thai

Reviewed March 30, 2015

This is a small owner-operated restaurant next to the big Whole Foods on the east side at River and Craycroft. I am particularly fond of the green curry, which I order with chicken. I order it medium (not too hot) so that I can taste the other wonderful flavors. It comes with tender bamboo shoots, beans, and green peppers. I would like it if it also had the Asian eggplant that is often part of this recipe, but even without this ingredient, it's a very tasty dish, cooked to perfection, and served with white rice.

The owners include the wife, who is Thai, though I don't know if she does the cooking or not. But she remembers me and always greets me warmly. So does her husband. They usually have a Thai television station playing on the TV in the corner, which I enjoy just watching. The fact I don't understand Thai doesn't detract from the enjoyment and the way this adds to the atmosphere of the restaurant. It is never too loud and obnoxious, and sometimes you can't hear it at all, but that's OK.

These are just genuine people with genuine tasty nourishment to offer, and if you like Thai food, you'll like their food. If you don't know Thai food, try it out. You might discover you like it, and that would be a good thing.

Reviewed December 28, 2014 via mobile

Really pleasant ambiance and service, the food is ok but I've had better in Tucson, see my other reviews.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have visited Mina's Thai restaurant in Tucson several times with different people. Each visit has consistently been excellent. The food has been fresh and the service is great. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates fresh home cooked meals, because that is what you will receive at this restaurant.