“A very nice Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village
Ranked #5 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“A very nice Embassy Suites”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We spent 3 nights at this hotel, and enjoyed it very much. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfasts and happy hour were both terrific. However, I would recommend that you ask for a room that is not on the first floor facing the pool. We originally had a first floor room facing the pool, and we did not want to keep the curtains open, so that we would have some privacy. This made the room quite dark.

We requested a move to a room on a higher floor, and were told that our belongings would be moved by hotel staff while we were out. When we returned, our belongings had not yet been moved, and we were told that we would have to move ourselves. Eventually, the hotel staff agreed to move our luggage, and we ended up in a very pleasant second floor room, directly above our original room.

Aside from the room/move issue, we enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't take a first floor room facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear tpr244;

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your experiences at the Embassy Suites Tucson Paloma Village. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, I do apologize about the room / move issue, and that it was not followed up on correctly and in a timely manner by our staff. I do hope however, that you will give us another try the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Jeff Zelkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have stayed at this chain throughout the US nearly 1000 nights in the past 15 years and didn't have any expectation that this site would be any different than what i'd experienced in the past. I was very surprised to find a staff that was very welcoming and eager to go out of their way to make the stay a pleasant experience. The facilities were above average, the chef's personal enagement with guests was refreshing and the rooms very nice. I would go out of my way to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Gary L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read that our staff and accommodations were to your liking and that you will go out of your way to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

Best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed there last year and the hotel met my expectations so I booked 3 nights this visit. I ended up staying one night and checked out the next morning. Happy hour was great...the breakfast was good but the room small for three people, there was no tub in the bathroom, the tv was not working so we got a visit from maintenance, and it was after maintenance left we found that half the electricity in the room was not working....oh and I got charged for internet in my room ( free in the lobby). Next morning we checked out to stay at the Best Western - it was a bed, it was cheaper, had a pool, cocktail hour, good breakfast , free in room internet and $50. cheaper a night. Did the girl at the front desk ask why we were checking out early - no, I guess she didn't care.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cnncreech
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear cnncreech,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. I apologize to failing to meet your expectations on your most recent stay with us. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson, as the mishaps you experienced are not typical of the service and product that we consistently strive to deliver to our valued guests.

Arlington, Washington
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Very nice hotel, very friendly front desk staff (I missed Amhed!!!! great asset to the hotel). Easy access to UofA, also a very safe area.

The breakfast is better than average Embassy Suites, but the bar and bar staff needs some work. I went down to get a beer and couldn't find anyone to serve it up. (where was Derrick, my favorite bartender???)

The Internet access from your room is hopeless (still No Wi-Fi), the wired Internet was modem-speed :) They need a total network overhaul to satisfy geeks like me who travel

Housekeeping is great at what they do! Gym facility very spacious and very well organized.

Pool area could use a little bit more space but their courtyard area is great!

Overall, I am very satisfied every time i stay here, except for this last trip in 2012... I have stayed here twice a year for the last 2 years so far and hoping to see my favorite guys from Front Desk and for the Manager's Reception next time i stay here. Keep it up ES. Paloma Village!! :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Manny A,
Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. I apologize about the internet issues. I assure you we are working on these issues and have already increased the band width significantly to increase the speed. The wireless solution is also in the works and we hope to have it installed soon. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Tucson.

Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Just returned home from a stay at this Embassy Suites in Tucson. There aren't a lot of choices if you need to stay in area of town. The Embassy Suites is the newest hotel in the area. Since my parents have lived here for the past 20 plus years I have stayed at them all. This is your best value for sure!

Not the typical old style Embassy Suites built around a courtyard but sprawls about a bit in interesting ways. We had a great view from our room of the mountains but beware the hotel is built among a strip mall. While our room worked great for us with two really nice flat screen TVs, some could find it cumbersome. Our room was set up in a circle layout and there were a lot of doors that could be annoying to some. The room was also equipped with a two cup coffee maker (yea), refrigerator (yea) and a microwave (yea).

The is an outdoor pool and hot tub. They were really nice and we would have liked to have had more time to use them. The one day that we did have a bit of time a child (not ours) had a problem in the pool and they had to close it for three hours to clean it. Certainly not the hotel's fault and I appreciate their commitment to the health of their patrons.

The highlight is the breakfast though. Lots of choices including eggs made to order. We especially liked the woman who cleared the tables who was really cheerful and super friendly. It was lovely sitting out on the veranda eating breakfast, sipping coffee and looking at the mountains.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hpmicks
Dear Hpmicks,

Thank you for posting your nice comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and especially the breakfast! We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to Tucson.

AR
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed one night at this great hotel. We love embassy suites for a number of reasons and this one didn't disappoint. The suite was large with a mini kitchenette, bathroom and separate bedroom. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was modern and updated with an all granite shower, no bathtub in our room. This place is in Tucson so is decorated in a southwestern theme. The breakfast was excellent! Overall, very pleased. It is a pretty good drive from the interstate to get here and the price was a little high but was worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BeachloverAr
Dear BeachloverAr,

Thank you for your gracious comments regarding your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read you enjoyed yourselves, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are back in Tucson.

Essex, England
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Hotel is a little bland in appearance, but easy to locate on East Skyline Drive on the outskirts of Tucson. The Hotel is effectively enclosed by busy roads together with a few other independant outlets - expensive steak restaurant, bar/restaurant, grocery/general type store, etc. - the hotel has no evening restaurant of its own and so you may need to use of a car when staying here.
The Reception Staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel and rooms are clean and modern.
The suites comprise a bedroom with good views, bathroom, sitting room and a small slightly cramped balcony. There is a fridge, microwave and two flat screen TV's. However no in room safe. The wireless interent does not work in rooms - only the public area although there is an ethernet connection in the room.
The inclusive breakfasts are very good with a wide choice and good quality. However the "Manager's Evening Reception" was slightly disappointing - rather a flat arrangement where some free drinks are available from the bar and there are crisps, nuts, dips, popcorn, etc. available - from the build up I was expecting more.
A nice hotel, but not outstanding in my view and a little disappointing overall bearing in mind the TA Reviews and publicity.

Room Tip: Select a room where you can see the sunset over the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Niel01
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Response: Dear Neil01,
Thank you for taking the time to post your observations about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We also appreciate you mentioning some of our hotel’s amenities. You are correct that we do not have in room safes. However, we do provide complimentary safety deposit boxes for our guests to use during their stay. We are currently adding wireless internet connectivity to all of our guest suites. We hope to have that project completed in the next 90 days. I am very sorry that overall you were a little disappointed in our hotel. Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations and enhance our services whenever we can. Your opinion helps us achieve that goal.