New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #105 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Tucson
“affordable great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

The property has hosted artists from our concert series for a year. The hotel has really helpful staff and a great location - close to downtown, restaurants & entertainment with easy access to Desert Museum.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2009

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were excellent and very clean. We have been having our annual New Years Party at the Executive Inn & Suites for about maybe 10 years. We have tried other places and we not very happy with it. So this is why we came back to the Executive Inn. All of my family and friends all had a wonderful time and cant wait to do it all over again this year!

• Liked — The Cleanliness of Room and the staff
  • Disliked — I cant think of anything
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
jenrey1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2008

I Love this place and I am sooo happy that this is the place I chose for a once in a lifetime event in our family! My daughter was mainly concerned about the location I had chosen for her Quincenera but when she saw the beautiful banquet hall and how nice the entire staff was and the owner i believe he introduced himself as Erik he was a very kind and attentive gentleman. We also were helped by a young lady named Liz she took care of all of our requests, she was courteous, and always made sure we had the stuff we asked for and we are glad we decided to have our event there and will recommend this place to all of our friends and family and anyone out there!

• Liked — The Staff! the Banquet hall was perfect!
  • Disliked — the location somewhat but after being there you dont even thinik about it.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2008

I was a little bit concerned when I checked in because the hotel is close to a highway and the hotels around didn't look that good. The lobby and check-in experience was fine. When I went in my room I saw that it had all the amenities that were listed: TV, refrigerator, microwave, free wireless internet.

They were a little short on outlets though and I had to unplug a light to use the fridge or microwave. The outlet on the lamp on the desk didn't work either, so I had to unplug the lamp to plug in my laptop.

This would have all been fine with me but the walls and doors didn't seem to keep out even the smallest noise. When someone entered or left the room across the hall, I kept thinking they were walking into my room because it sounded like they were opening and closing my door. Also, the clock radio in the neighboring room was playing even after midnight. I called the front desk and they called the room (I could hear their phone ring, and everyone else's) but it didn't seem like anyone picked up. Eventually the radio went off (on its own?). There was also street noise in my room which was on the first floor facing the street.

I did finally get to sleep and when I showered in the morning the hot water was quite tepid.

I also tried the breakfast which had scrambled eggs and bacon. The eggs didn't taste very good and I didn't eat the bacon.

In the end, I decided to check out earlier and go to a different hotel. I was very concerned that the upcoming weekend was going to be completely noisy. On the plus side, the staff was very cordial about my checkout.

If you stay here, be aware that at checkout you need to ask them to remove a $1.50/day charge that they automatically impose for using the safe in your room, regardless of whether or not you used it.

• Liked — Incredibly fast wireless internet. (1Mb/s)
  • Disliked — Too noisy
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
5 Thank Andrew Bachmann

Travellers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2008

We held a retirement party using the conference room, we had around 80 guests on a Friday night and I was very pleased with the results. Although Executive Inn is in an older part of town it is easy to see the renovations they have done; everything was clean, the service was excellent and the food that was prepared for the event was outstanding. For the price Executive Inn is the best value in Tucson to hold an event.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2008

I was told that the rate would be between $90 and $99. They didn't have the courtesy to include taxes and hidden extra fees even when I asked them to do so over the phone. So, when I got to the hotel, I was surprised an extra $13-15. They charged me a $1.50 safe deposit box fee, with a note saying that they will refund this portion upon request at checkout. When I checked out, I asked the receptionist to refund the $1.50, and she said she didn't know anything about it. Then, when I showed her the written statement about the refund, she said that she had already checked me out, and there was nothing she could do. Okay, it's only $1.50, but I detest liars and giving away money for nothing. Also, I didn't see any elevator, so I had to carry my bag up one flight of stairs. The hotel and room were a bit desolate and scary. The hot water did not come on until I was finished with my 10 min shower. The free breakast had a decent selection of bagels, yogurt, muffins, juices. However, they had eggs that looked like they were hard-boiled eggs... however, when I went to break off the shell, it exploded all over my hands. They were raw eggs just sitting in a bowl there! What am I supposed to do with a raw egg? I would have expected this type of experience at a hotel that cost $50-60, not $115. However, the rooms were clean and quiet.

• Disliked — Price of room, lack of elevator, unintelligent service people.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank RMTraveler99
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2007

After reading the reviews I had higher expectations.

I think the reviews on hotel.com are a good balance to the reviews here.

The room was fair to its price. Service was polite and helpful.
Breakfest was several choices but wierd and haphazard and understaffed.

The pool was closed most of the time I was there.

• Liked — price
  • Stayed November 2007