Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
Hilton.com
US$139
US$125
  • Pool
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$68
Hotels.com
US$180
US$109
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$104
US$89
US$72
US$57
US$471
US$150
US$139
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$303/night.

All reviewsthe grillboarding schoolhistoric roomsgirls schoolhistoric resortprivate patiocatalina foothillshorseback ridingolder roomsgrounds are beautifulsouthwestern stylecity lightsmountain viewhot tubhappy hourwonderful staymain building
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This served us perfectly for a long weekend away from home. It is a large property with only about 40 rooms: Historic rooms in what was the girls boarding school (on the small side) plus lovely larger casita-type rooms with private patio, which is where we stayed. Room one, Hacienda Double, was perfect for us. Top notch service from Brian and Carla to be sure we had everything we needed. They have access to miles of trails, I rode up to watch the sunset on one of their nice trail horses, and took a long walk along the same trails the next morning. Had a fantastic massage called Loki Loki by Ky. It is close to good restaurants though we ended up enjoying the food in the casual patio restaurant called Terrazo -- I had the best burger ever there. The high end restaurant The Grill gets great reviews but has a formal menu (rack of lamb etc.) which is not what we were looking for. Also close to great hiking in the Santa Catalina mountains. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Larger hacienda rooms have more privacy though the historic rooms looked charming if they fit your budget better.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Wow you sure packed in tons of fun and adventure on your long weekend with us. Thank you for staying with us and spending some time to post a wonderful review. It was Carla and I's pleasure to take care of you and I will pass along your kind words to her. Best burger ever is high praise for people from such a well decorated city as Chicago. Glad you were able to be the first to experience a little Hawaiin feel in the desert with the new Lomi Lomi massage, I will have to try it myself. Fantastic room tips to top it off. Regards

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Tucson has a lot of pretty good resorts [we've stayed in a couple] but this small Inn is special. Lovely pool and spa [though we didn't have time for spa services], two good dining rooms, super service and a choice of rooms, suites and casitas. In Mexican/Spanish style built around a well kept courtyard, rooms are filled with folk art and are very comfortable. Wait staff were great with our 3 year old grandson, and warm and welcoming to us. A fine place to stay if you do not need glitz.

Room Tip: traveling with children, the casitas are great.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank calliope026
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Thank you for bringing you family to stay with us and I appreciate the kind words in your review. We welcome and are pleased to serve everyone from the 3 yr old grandsons to the 90 yr old women's birthday party we had recently. Thankfully mother nature gave us some good weather for you to enjoy the pool on your visit. Choice is important to travelers and I am happy that all of our accomodations could fit your needs and that you enjoyed both dining options. I hope this special inn can host your family in the future. Regards

Reviewed January 27, 2012

A perfect experience to fall in love with Tucson. Character, charm, comfort, class, and strength, it's all here to welcome you. Walk the grounds and get lost in two beautiful courtyards, take a deep breath in the desert gardens and feel the meaning of aromatherapy. Sit poolside to capture stunning sunsets followed by a view of the city lights. Best pillows anywhere, I've stayed in most of the rooms, love them all, of course the larger suites are harder to leave. Fantastic food and with live music in the Terraza patio, it's almost too good to share. A Phoenician, I work in Tucson a few days a month, tried a few other places, now, I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else -- it's my second home and I'm sure you'll feel the same way. Btw, most of my trips are business, but also makes an ideal romantic getaway, and brought the kids here for father's day -- it's all soooo good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and I spent three nights at this beautiful yet understated resort. They graciously upgraded us to a king room with only one neighboring room, offering a stunning view of the city and skyline. The staff were very gracious with a focus on customer service. The restaurant breakfasts were amazing. We dined in La Terraza rather than the Grill, assuming that the food likely comes from the same kitchen. Again, every meal was delicious. This small resort is a slice of heaven in a bustling city.

Room Tip: All rooms have wonderful views. The dorm rooms look onto the courtyard and are grouped together. We were in room 41, which was a bit off by itself and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

I appreciate you taking some time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you found our new and improved breakfast program "amazing," The Grill has put alot of effort in making breakfast an equally excellent experience. I am pleased we were able to provide an upgrade to the Hacienda King room which as your tips indicate does have some of the best views on the property. Contact me anytime to come back and see us for another slice. Regards

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Originally built as a girls' boarding school in the 1920s then converted to a guest ranch in the 1940s, now a boutique hotel, more of an inn. We stayed in a small historic room for one night and then a Hacienda King for 5 nights. Charmingly decorated in hispanic style, grounds thoughtfully landscaped in desert flora, King room was very large, comfy, had two large easy chairs, desk, huge closet, nice view of garden. Bathrooms were somewhat small (particularly the first room which seemed tiny) but they've been nicely redecorated with mexican tiles and hand painted sinks.
Staff unfailingly polite and helpful with any and all questions/requests, housekeeping fine overall, restaurant on premises had many rooms and outdoor spaces offering lots of options for your choice of ambience. We ate Christmas buffet there as well as breakfast one day.
Many more restaurant and shopping options near by, main tourist destinations in the Tucson area within 20-45 minutes drive.
Hotel is located to north of the city in what at one time must have been open ranch land, so it is outside the main core of Tucson, which we considered an advantage. Nice nighttime views of city lights to the south, mountains to the north visible by day. Surrounded by an area of custom up-scale homes, once you're on the grounds you feel isolated and hidden away. Absolutely recommend to anyone, particularly if you are not a golfer and don't need that kind of resort facility.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aavery
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and providing a very detailed review of your experiences complete with some photographs of our property which do really help capture the ambiance and feel we are about. You also have captured what I find hard in describing our location being in a residential area without feeling like so. I am glad you were able to experience a few different room types with their unique characteristics and enjoyed what the King room offered. I am grateful to hear such wonderful feedback from an obviously savvy traveler like yourselves. Regards