3,164 results
All reviews flying v cascade lounge natural waterfall huge tub koi pond golf course guacamole william arce city view hiking trail beautiful property catalina foothills sonoran desert fitness center the entire staff tennis courts tucson area
Reviewed October 28, 2015

This is a luxury hotel that does it well. The room was quite large, well appointed and comfortable. Good central AC unit which was quiet and efficient. Bathroom, while a bit small, never felt cramped. Terrific shower. Beautiful location against a mountain and away from the noise of the city. Lovely views as well. It’s a bit of a hike from the main part of town but that is exactly what you want. And speaking of hiking, there are great hiking trails around the property. Plenty of parking is available. It’s just a few minutes’ drive from some good restaurants and I am sure there is good food on property also. This is definitely a place to stay if you visit Tucson.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Derek M, General Manager at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2015

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a wonderful time enjoying all our beautiful desert resort has to offer and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again very soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2015 via mobile

So I went into the barista after it was closed, not knowing it was already closed. I asked the girl at the counter for a coffee and a pastry. She told me that they were closed but still offered to serve me. She was more than willing to give me a coffee and pastry even tho they were closed. It is rare to find someone that is off duty and still willing to go the extra mile to make sure a guest was accommodated ... It was a pleasure to be taken care of so well. Felicia was so sweet and kind. And I appreciate the extra effort she went to.

Stayed: October 2015

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that our Team Members went above and beyond to make your time with us so memorable. I appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience on TripAdvisor and I hope to welcome you back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2015

Kathleen and I recently spent three nights at the Ventana Canyon Resort for an investment conference. The conference was way above average and the resort itself proved to be absolutely fabulous…so much so that we decided to spend an additional 6 nights on the property. Despite that we were still disappointed big time to depart on check-out day.

Picture a desert resort complex, nestled in the foothills of the Catalina Mountains, designed to wrap its aesthetically pleasing guest wings comfortably around the west facing outlet of Ventana Canyon…like giant outstretched arms embracing the beautiful desert waterfall whose outflow runs down into the Tucson valley by first flowing through a wonderful Koi pond and then directly under your feet as you stand in the main entrance lobby!

This resort was way ahead of its time when it was built in 1984. It has won multiple environment awards for the thoughtful vision, design, planning and implementation by the Loews folks some 30 years ago. Everything was done right then; and is still being done right today with professional elegance….

I could go on and on but life is short so just place the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort very high up on your bucket list. Do yourself a favor and just go! WNC

Room Tip: We loved the east wing as the door faces a quiet hillside and the balcony faces west over the forested pool area for sunset viewing.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne C

Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay at our beautiful desert resort for a conference and that we were able to welcome you for an additional leisurely stay afterwards! Your comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us at Loews Ventana Canyon again the next time you are in Tucson.

Reviewed October 25, 2015

The grounds and the decor of Loews Ventana are unique and very pretty. I really liked the small mineral collection on the way to the pool area and the waterfall nature walk with all the informative signage. There is also an observation tower with a little bench in it that you can get to from the fourth floor. The staff were all very personable and helpful. Front desk, concierge, bellmen, restaurant staff: all great! Just a few little things that kept it from being a perfect rating for me: one was the odd choice of having towel racks inside the showers. I don't know how they're not supposed to get damp. It's a big shower, but not that big! Another thing was that they advertise two pools and two jacuzzis, but in the in-room info it did not state that one set closed at 8:30. We came back from dinner hoping to have a soak, but there were lots of kids at the main jacuzzi and only then found out the other one was closed. We did enjoy sitting by the fire pits in the main lawn as an alternative. Overall, great stay. Loved having a balcony. I don't think there are any bad views in this resort! Room was very clean. Food in the breakfast cafe was delicious. Also, lots of hiking around the hotel. One trailhead can be accessed right from the parking lot!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at Loews Ventana Canyon on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I appreciate the feedback you have provided us with regarding the pool information in the rooms. I have shared your comments with senior management and I look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2015

Loews Ventana Canyon Resort is among our favorite vacation spots in the U.S. We enjoy starting our day with an exercise walk on their "Par Course". Next is an enjoyable outdoor breakfast. Lunch by the pool at Bill's Grill is on our daily routine if we are not out for the day. The Resort staff is very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for joining us recently at Loews Ventana Canyon! I am delighted to hear how much you enjoy your visits to our beautiful desert resort and I hope to welcome you back to visit us again very soon.