“Miserable Night”

Quality Inn Tucson Airport
Ranked #100 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We had stayed at this hotel several years ago and got a decent night's sleep in a functioning room. The hotel allows us to leave our car in their parking lot for free while we fly out for a week or so. Since our flights are usually very early, this arrangement makes sense to us. The hotel is old and smells of smoke, although our room did not smell of smoke. It is a cheap sleep at $60. However, we were warned by the front desk person that there was no hot water (!). In the middle of the night some very loud, probably drunk people moved in next door and when I dragged myself out of bed to call the front desk about it I found that the phone did not work. So I used my cell phone. Within about an hour, and after turning up the fan to drown out the noise, I either fell asleep or the management did something about the noise. Our 3:30 wake-up call found us sleep deprived. Although it was clean and seemed to have enough towels and other necesities, I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 July 2011

After a long day of sightseeing and driving, the night shift lady was VERY cheery and helpful. We got to pick our floor and our room. It was very clean.and we got a filling breakfast of eggs, Bacon, waffles toast section. Not the usual Danish and dry cereal breakfast. Don't let the $60 price scare you away.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank redcivic99hb
Reviewed 29 July 2010

If you are looking for the perfect place to spend the the night or two ( as i did).. this is the place. It has everything you need for a comfortable stay. The rooms are very clean and quiet and come complete with microwave, frig, hair dryer, iron & board and comfy king bed. Continental breakfast was excellent with quite a selection to temp your morning taste buds. The staff was friendly & helpful (Marilyn was very nice!).. All in all - it was a great place to stay..I would highly recommend this hotel! Give this one a chance-you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2010

hotel located outside tucson proper but very accesscable to freeway rooms immaculate all extra requests honored very quiet staff very knowledgeable on area attractions and provided and great directions price very good for the area

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I was at a convention and we needed 6 rooms for early morning flights. For $75 a nite it wasn't the cheapest though the furnishings were basiclly Motel 6 or Super 8 quality. The room did smell musty or curry aroma? that wouldn't go away. Amenities were pretty scarce, bath towels were cheap pool quality. Shower had virtually no water pressure. Bedding and spread were basic motel cheap quality. I know it was only one nite but ther there are enough other newer hotels close by that this ended up not being the best choice. The hotel allows pets and barking dogs could be heard barking anytime someone walked by. They do have a shuttle but its contracted to serve a bunch of places. When it showed up to pick me up it had two seats for 9 people so we were loaded in the back with the luggage. It just didn't seem worth the price. I left before brkfst opened but it looked ok. Overall I'd suggest another property as this was not the best run or furnished Quality inn I've stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Great place, close to the airport, clean rooms and pool, friendly service, reasonable price! Would stay again anytime!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank BirdCageKate
Reviewed 6 October 2008

The Good: I had a huge King Size Bed, there is cable tv, everything you expect from this class hotel you get. Overall, not a bad deal. Huge Plus - 24 hour airport shuttle, which is a necessity these days. The breakfast in the morning was nice and light, perfect for a traveller getting ready to fly in a couple of hours.

The Bad: Nothing really. Channel selection was not as wide as I had hoped for. Certain basic channels were missing.

Nagging Questions: If I did not have an early flight, I would have wanted a real breakfast though. Not sure if that is an option due my red-eye flight.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mistermike068