Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 22 June 2017

The AC unit died at an investment property of mine. It was a 115 degrees and I had to put my tenants in a hotel quickly! Jennifer Shirley at the front desk was the kindest most accomidating and helpful person. She made an awful situation easier for me, and was always there to help and offer solutions. I really dont know what I would've done without her help! Thank you Jennifer and Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: They're all suites i.e. Good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Charles B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Niccolle L,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites as the hotel to house your tenants. I am so glad we were able to help you out and thank you for the wonderful comments about Jennifer. She is a true gem.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

With a family of six, we often choose Homewood Suites because of its accommodations for larger groups. Overall, this property in Tucson was clean, well-priced, and in a generally attractive location on the east side of Tucson. Most of our experience was positive, as we would expect from the Homewood Suites brand (e.g., good breakfasts, clean rooms, pleasant staff, nice amenities). The hotel shares a parking lot with some restaurants, bars, and shopping outlets. This is both a blessing and a curse. Although it would be nice to walk out the hotel door and have a couple of places to frequent, the noise from these establishments can be an issue. We were assigned to Room 101, which is a hearing-impaired room. Unless you're hearing impaired, stay away from this room - especially on the weekends. The restaurants/bars that share the parking lot with the hotel sounded more like a raucous nightclub on Friday night, and the loud music and noise from cars and party-goers went until past 1:00am, which made it difficult for our family to sleep. Similarly, the noise early on Saturday morning from a farmer's market that set up shop just outside the hotel woke us earlier than we would have liked. -- If our hearing was impaired, this room might have been ideal. Otherwise, choose a room on the other side of the property for a quiet night's rest!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Jason S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience of staying with us. I am happy you enjoyed the breakfasts, the cleanliness, my staff and the amenities. I would like to apologize for our neighbors in the plaza. I wish I had more control over the situation, although it has improved because my discussions with the owners of those establishments. I do hope you will come and see us again and we will make sure you have a nice quiet room.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Awesome hotel with great amenities! Easy access to local running/biking/walking trail.Great breakfast every morning. Hotel is perfect for long-term stays with the full kitchen. We will definitely choose this hotel again when traveling to Tucson!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Charles B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear M4238LUjessicak,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and thank you for the nice comments about our hotel and our amenities.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

WE thought the motel was one of the nicest and cleanest motels we have ever stayed in and was so very pleased with the whole experience. We will definitely use this motel again next time we go to Tucson, Arizona.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 276deannes

Dear 276deannes,

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel and I am very happy you had a wonderful experience.

Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

After staying in two other Hilton properties as we traveled west, this one ranked third. A positive would include great location. On Saturday there was a market of vendors with food and crafts for sale in an adjacent shopping area. It was fantastic strolling the vendors. However a negative would have to be my breakfast. The eggs were awful. The hotel served these horrible omelets filled with some tomato concoction. I scraped it out and ate just the egg. Unfortunately, when I used the same knife I used to scrape out the inside of the omelet for cream cheese a short black hair on my knife was revealed. Just gross. My daughter ate a waffle with all the toppings and had no issues. The ventilation system in our room was noisy. The walls were very thin and we could hear the family in the room next to us without any effort. They had a small child. I don't know if the issue with the noise from the next room was due to there being a door that could be opened into the room next to ours. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. I liked how the bathroom window didn't fog.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa L

Dear Teresa L,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of staying with us. I am happy you liked the location, the beds, the cleanliness and our bathroom mirrors, but I am sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast or that you experienced noise from the adjoining room. I am truly sorry you were unhappy and that you placed us as your third choice of the Hilton hotels you have stayed at in Tucson. I truly hope you will give us another chance and if you wish to call me before you stay here, please do and I will do everything I can to ensure you are placed in a quiet room.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Everything was great! Location very quiet, room was perfect! It was truly everything I hoped for, and I'm very picky when it comes to Hotels! I would recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling to Tucson.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 9109beck

Dear 9109beck,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Bet Regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Recently spent two nights here. we loved the friendly accommodating staff, sparkling clean hotel and well thought out suites. There is a separate living room, a small but well equipped kitchen - nice bathroom and 2 televisions. Free wi fi internet that actually has a Great signal ! Plus a free breakfast with both hot and cold choices and different selections each day. It's a perfect choice and we will be back !

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie V

Dear Bonnie V,

I am so happy you love our hotel. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments about our hotel, our amenities and my staff. We all really appreciate it.

Thank you again and we look forward to see you soon.