“A Great Choice”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #76 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 17 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at this Fairfield Inn from April 10th through the 14th. Although the facility is somewhat older what really sets it apart is the friendlyness of the staff and the cleanliness. The manager of this facility is really doing something right in the training of the employees. They really make you feel at home. Lupita was on the front desk when we checked in and she did an excellent job making us feel welcome. Arce was tending to the breakfast bar in the mornings and she was so pleasant and cheerful. What a difference compared to other facilities.
The breakfast was "heavy continental" and the coffee was really excellent.
The beds were very comfortable and the entire facility was clean.
You could walk to a nearby Denny's or Waffle House. Otherwise you need a car to get around.
I would recommend this Fairfield Inn and would stay here again. The staff are wonderful and the chocolate chip cookies at the desk in the evening were a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 15 January 2010

We stayed here for one night on a week long road trip. It was what you would excpect. Nothing fancy, but everything was clean, and they served breakfast in the morning. We had two queen beds on the top floor with a view of the mountains, so that was cool.

This hotel was a little older looking than some Fairfields I've stayed at, but for the price it was just fine.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Can't say enough nice things about this hotel. Reasonably priced, clean, modern, quiet, comfortable and the staff really care. Had many situations where the staff went the extra mile to make my stay enjoyable. The hotel is a standard Fairfield, basic but comfortable rooms, hotel grade tube TV, etc. But, the Marriott style bed was very comfortable, the water pressure was good (and hot). Even the hotel Internet worked (as long as you don't need to do SMTP authentication).

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn when I go to UA functions, but it was booked. So I booked this instead. Not a nice part of town-there was a vacant lot next to the hotel, and except for a Denny's across the street, nothing interesting or attractive near by. As a woman traveling alone I did not feel comfortable in the area, so I coaxed my son from his dorm room to stay with me. I am glad I did, as going back to the hotel at night our car was FOLLOWED by another-it saw I pulled into the hotel and sped off. Creepy. When I checked in, no one was at the desk. It was surreal. Due to the unsavory part of town, I would have thought all kinds of bad things except there seemed to be a perfectly normal gentleman using the computer in the lobby. After a while a young woman employee came to the desk-she had gone to restock the cookie tray-but she answered the phone and made a reservation before helping me. Basic customer service Marriott-help the live body before answering a lengthy phone call. I did get checked into my room OK and found a burned out light bulb. I called the desk to get someone to replace it. The same young woman told me she was working alone and there was no one to help me, but I was welcome to come down and get my own bulb! I have never stayed at a Fairfield Inn before. I expected because it has Marriott in its name the service would have been better. My room itself was fine- I had an Executive King which also included a pull out sofa. Everything looked clean. Free breakfast included standard fare. But certainly the neighborhood and having a stuff of one trying to run a hotel did not live up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank MarenOC
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I elected to stay here one night because of its proximity to the airport and because it's part of the Marriott chain. The location of this hotel is in a light industrial and small business section right off I-10. There are a handful of fast food restaurants nearby, and a Denny's, but no other dining is very close. The hotel itself is clean, the room was very clean, and the breakfast typical for the Fairfield chain. The staff was very helpful in directing me to other dining options. I would stay here again but not for any serious vacation purposes.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2008

2nd stay here in as this year and would recommend this place as good value for money and helpful staff. Rooms spacious, fairly new looking and has everything you would expect. Staff are very helpful which seems to be a common thing with all the Marriotts I've stayed in. Some independents can learn from this!
My stay was business so couldnt really comment on suitability on this part of Tucson for a vacation. Overall, I would recommend this place - does exactly what it says on the tin, but with a smile too!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 February 2008

I'm not a big fan of the city of Tucson and would not go there unless its work related, but if you have to go this is a decent place to stay. This hotel is on the eastside of Tucson out near the airport. Its not the one at the airport, but it is close. Its pretty average, but it has the typical good breakfast that Fairfield Inn's are known for. The tv in my room was good and the bed was really firm, which I like. You do hear road noise from I-10 and the walls are pretty thin. Checkin was decent although I waited like five minutes listening to two employees drone on about the day before one of them decided to step away and help me.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)