3,096 results
All reviews swim up bar red door spa golf course heavenly bed adult pool pool area tennis courts beautiful property catalina mountains main building self parking fitness center mountain view the entire staff tucson area sabino canyon pools
Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

From the moment you arrive you a greeted with a great smile. As you walk through to the reservation desk you feel like you are entering a palace. The check in process is quick and smooth.

When I arrived in my room what a breath taking view. The room is extremely clean and the beds are so comfortable.

The hotel is a great place for conventions many rooms, great staff, and easy layout for a large convention.

Maybe one day I will be able to return just for a vacation. It is a beautiful property.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank NatselMGMT
Jim M, General Manager at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

I am pleased to hear that your expectations were exceeded. We take great pleasure in making sure your stay is refreshing and rejuvenating. I will be passing your comments onto our front office associates and team members. We look forward to having you stay with again soon. Stay Well, Jim Morrissey-General Manager

Reviewed January 12, 2017

This is a large and very beautiful resort, spread out over several buildings. We were in town for a football bowl game and chose to stay here because it was one of the official team hotels.

Pros – The lobby bar was massive, and it was a great place to hang out with a large group. Bar service was excellent! In general, all of the staff we met were awesome. Our group had a great family meal at one of the restaurants, Contigo Latin Kitchen. Highly recommended! The resort also offers complimentary shuttle rides to the nearest shopping center. We booked a block of rooms for family members and we were very impressed that the reservations team (Meagan) reached out in advance to confirm the guest names in each room. We exchanged several emails and she was incredibly helpful.

Cons – The rooms are in great condition but nothing spectacular. The resort consists of 20 or so two-story buildings spread out over the grounds. Some probably have spectacular views of the mountains and desert, or the pool area. Unfortunately, our building was on the edge of the property, facing a very noisy highway. We tried to sit out on the balcony but gave up after a few minutes. Not exactly the tranquil getaway we were expecting. Considering we were only there 2 nights, we didn’t really want to deal with the hassle of changing rooms. But if we had booked an entire week, we would absolutely ask to be moved or we would’ve gone to another resort nearby.

We would definitely return to this hotel in the future, but upon check-in we’d be very specific about which building we’d stay in.

Room tip: Our room overlooked a busy highway. Make sure to ask for a room facing the mountains or pool!
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank meblake
Reviewed January 10, 2017

Really enjoyed my stay at this beautiful property. You can't beat the location by the Catalina mountains and the setting makes you feel at one with nature. Now, as a resort, you'll pay higher prices than at city hotels, but I don't think you will be disappointed. I noticed that several have complained about the service, but I found the staff to be quite helpful to me with a variety of requests during my stay. I would definitely book here again!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jim M, General Manager at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay. We do hope that you can visit us again very soon. Stay Well.

Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

Located at the base of the Catalina Mountains, this resort was more then satisfactory for an overnight stay to meet friends....the room was located in one of the outer buildings,was outfitted very modernly,and was roomy and comfortable....the front desk staff were friendly while staying professional.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jim M, General Manager at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our magnificent view of the Catalina’s as well as our many other amenities. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us. Be Well, Jim Morrissey- General Manager

Reviewed January 8, 2017

We had a board retreat here that was comfortable and we were well taken care of. I have been here a number of times for large conferences, but this was my first smaller meeting. The front desk was very helpful and we barely realized the staff was there during our meeting, which shows how well they worked. The room was very comfortable and large but there was an odd leak from the shower that left a puddle on the tile each morning. I saw it before stepping into it and just put down another towel to soak it up. I look forward to coming back.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Brandon K

Thank you for your 5 star review and your comments regarding your stay. On behalf of our wonderful team, I am pleased to hear your meeting went smooth and your stay was rejuvenating. I will be passing along your comments to our Engineering team to correct the leak in that room. Thank you for your continued loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Stay Well, Jim Morrissey-General Manager.