“A Dream Come True!”

Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery
Ranked #6 of 78 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: This cinematic Monster museum is dedicated to all those who have entertained us in the world of Horror, Fantasy and Sci-Fi! Actors, directors and special effects wizards of the past and present are all honored here with over 60 life-sized realistic recreations of the horror's genre's most memorable characters. With NEW yearly additions it is safe for all. During OCTOBER, the monsters come to life making Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery Salem's Scariest Haunted house but during the rest of the year, the monsters are quite calm and won't move at all. See you soon!!! Be sure to CHECK OUR CALENDAR on our site for times to best enjoy your visit!
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“A Dream Come True!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Holy cow. I have loved horror movies since I was a child, so walking into this museum was like Charlie walking into the Chocolate Factory. The wax figures are so spot on that they gave me the creeps. We spent a good 45 minutes there looking at the models and reading about the different films - well worth the money spent on admission. Not only that, but the people that work at the museum are super friendly and really great about answering questions related to the different film characters on display. I have recommended this place to many people and will continue to do so. If you are a horror movie fan you will fall in love!

Visited April 2011

Cranston, Rhode Island, United States
“Love it”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I go with friends constantly to Salem. Every time we are there, we visit Count Orlok's. The owner, James, is a delight. He is very knowledgeable about movies and actors. We love hearing information on the pieces. He remembers us every time we go. This October we got to meet Tony Moran, which was great. I always tell family and friends to go and visit the Gallery.

Visited October 2011
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Trip down memory lane for horror movie fanatics”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband, 10 year old son and I went ot Count Orlok's while we were visiting Salem based on its excellent reviews. As a horror movie fanatic all my life, I couldn't wait to get there. For many years, we had done the standard Salem stops and found many of them overly dramatic, tourist traps. We were thrilled when Count Orlok's met all of our expectations!

The museum has the perfect, creepy atmosphere....dim lighting, twists and turns so you cannot see around the corners and great music. My son was afraid to turn each corner, but in a good way :) It consists of figures from horror movies along with plaques of information on the movie. All of the information was factual and interesting and was a great trip down memory lane for me since I had seen most of the movies in the past.

The best part was when the owner "popped" in periodically to chat with us through "secret" entrances that we never saw. Very cool. He knows so much about horror movies that it was fun to listen to him....we could have talked to him for hours. Even though the museum could be walked through in a few minutes, it is really important to take your time and read all of the information and talk to the owner if you get the chance. I have watched and celebrated horror movies all my life and know quite a bit about them, but this man's knowledge impressed me. MUST SEE!

Visited July 2011
“For someone who love horror films...”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

When I say horror films, please don't mistake that for gross out movies like Saw and Hostel. Think real boogeymen like Pennywise the Clown and Nosfaratu. Legitimately terrifying characters from the golden age of film until now. That is what you will find at Count Orlock's. The creatures, as they warn, are not real and will not get you as you walk through the dark hallways of the museum, but some you will still walk past wondering if they will. I go to Count Orlock's every time I visit Salem. It is a must on my list and it always will be. Check out this amazing museum - it does not disappoint.

Methuen, MA
“A "Must Visit" for any horror fans”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

If you're visitin Salem, MA...out of all the cool museums and such, this is the one to visit. Sometime's it's just a regular horror museum full of statues of horror icons and cool atmosphere, and sometimes it also doubles as a haunted house. They even have horror celebrities visit around Halloween, such as Kane Hodder (Jason) and Doug Bradley (Pinhead).

If you're trying to decide which of the many cool places is worth visiting in your trip to Salem, MA, this place should be put on the top of your list!

Visited October 2011

Been to Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery? Share your experiences!