“Good value and location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak
Ranked #95 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Tulsa, OK
“Good value and location”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed at this hotel during spring break. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms and hotel were clean; however our first room had a stain in the ceiling where there had been a leak at one point.

As in other reviews I did notice a noise problem during the day on the floor with the double queen rooms, not surprising since those rooms were full of families. Our first room was a double queen, and the TVs in the rooms on both sides of us were on at about 5 pm. We had just driven ten hours, so we needed some rest. We asked to be moved because of the noise, and they moved us to the fourth floor to a king with a pull out sleeper. We had no problems from then on with noise.

The double queen room is just shy of cramped. If you want a nice big room think of booking the king with a pull out sleeper instead. That way you will also get a nice big seating area, and a place to eat if you decide to bring breakfast up.

The room was humid when we arrived, but the AC was turned to 74 degrees. We turned the temperature down and it cooled off soon, and was pleasant the rest of the stay.

The breakfast was good. The menu alternates between breakfast burritos and pancakes, and biscuits and gravy. The rest of the menu was the same everyday: yogurt, toast, muffins, eggs, sausage, fruit, and make your own waffles. Go down early if you want to beat the crowd. We went down between 7 and 7:30 each day, and there were plenty of place to sit and no lines. The crowd starts to arrive between 7:40 and 8:15.

The pool is very pleasant in March. It is heated, and there are large windows in the room that were open when were there. We went swimming in the middle of the day, and at night. The pool was not crowded at any point during our visit, so that was very nice.

The hotel is right next to Wal-mart, so if you’ve forgotten anything it is a great location. There are lots of places to eat nearby, and it was only about 20 minutes or so from the Alamo/Riverwalk and SeaWorld. I think this was a better choice than the hotels next to the Riverwalk, only because the traffic near the Riverwalk is horrible on the weekend.

I would stay at this hotel again, but I will be sure to book a king room from the beginning next time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TulsaMommy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Humidity in the rooms made room feel damp, even the bed felt damp. Great breakfast . 15 to 20 minute drive to all. The major attractions

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Fatness101
St Louis, MO
Reviewed 10 December 2009

I travel frequently for business and have stayed at a number of LaQuinta hotels across the country. I have always found them to meet my expectations, however, this hotel fell painfully short of even the most basic expectations. The room was not clean, there were stains on the pillow cases, the room was in disrepair with broken drawers in the dresser that wouldn't even close, the bathroom had the loudest, most annoying exhaust fan that comes on automatically when you turn on the light switch, the carpet was dirty, the furniture was well worn and the walls are paper thin. Worst of all, I barely had enough hot water to take a 10 minute shower. The lobby & other common areas are perfectly fine but the rooms leave much to be desired. Would never recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveler63017
Gordon7409
Reviewed 18 June 2009

The stay was decent. It was the additional billing that I have a serious problem with. After many, many conversations with the owner of the hotel, my two night stay has cost me five. After paying the bill on the 14th, I was charged again for an additional three days. I tried to have the problem corrected, however, the owner is very rude and verbally abussive.

Beware of this hotel! I've now been forced to cancel my credit card, put a fraud alert on my bank account, and am reporting them to the better business bureau. This place is a fraud!!! Save yourself the extra time, just stay somewhere else.

2 Thank Gordon7409
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 14 March 2009

We actually live in San Antonio, but purchased this (along with dinner) from a charity auction. Well, the walls are paper thin. The hotel clearly used non-commercial grade materials, as there was quite a bit of wear and tear and deterioration throughout. I know that this location is only about 2 years old! Not that clean (hairs on floor, floors sticky throughout hotel). Staff all were more interested in talking to their friends, whether in person, or on cell phones walking through hallways. Door leading to pool was UN-locked. Our alarm clock was still on DST (and we had been back on standard time since October)- is this how often people stay here?

I have stayed in hotels where I can hear what goes on in the next room, but I have never been able to hear what goes on ABOVE me. I could hear the person's ROLLING SUITCASE!! ON CARPET!!

Looks great on the outside, but looks are deceiving-try one of the other hotels in the area!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SATWorld
Santa Fe, TX
Reviewed 11 July 2008

This is the worst built hotel as far as thin walls go. We checked in on Friday, along with over 100 private school students between the ages of 12-16. They checked in around 11pm and were extremely loud and uncontrolled. After 3 calls to the front desk over the period of 1 1/2 hours I finally went to the desk in person to complain. The young lady was very sympathic, but advised that she was the only one there (they DO NOT HAVE A NIGHT MANAGER!) and tried her best to quiet the students by calling the guardians, to no avail. They finally quieted down at 1am. We were moved to the 4th floor the next day, but it was no better. Again, no sleep that night. We had our 3-year old with us, and our trip was ruined due to lack of sleep. Truly, the walls are so thin that we could here snoring, drawers opening and closing, toilets flushing, and another bodily function I won't mention. While the staff was extremely professional and sympathic, we were in a bad situation, and was not offered any type of discount. If you want a good nights sleep, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Thin Walls, Noise Level
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family