La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio North Stone Oak
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$189
US$373
  • Restaurant
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$200
US$180
US$259
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$106
La Quinta
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$134
US$289
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$297
US$225
US$223
US$215
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast ladythe breakfast areasouth texasindoor poolgreat place to stayhighly recommend this hotelcomfortable roomwithin walking distancehome away from homedesk clerkeasy accesswould stay againeach morningexcellent stayspring breakfree breakfastwaffles
A TripAdvisor Member
Arlington, Texas, USA
Reviewed March 28, 2012

From Linda, Manager to the maids, they are very friendly and accommodating. I always stay at this La Quinta when in San Antonio. If and when (very seldom) there is an inconvenience they all take care of it NOW! I travel a lot and I prefer La Quinta over the other brands I have tried in the past.
Thank you Linda and staff.
Tom McLain
Marlite Inc.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The staff was friendly and the breakfast above average. Some of the common areas were beginning to show wear (elevator, stairs) but overall a nice looking and comfortable hotel. Great price and good location for all we wanted to see. It was a little noisy in the halls at times, but it was spring break and there were lots of families staying in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Stayed one night with my young daughter and small dog. This seems to be a newer La Quinta and overall was a good value. It's not as nice as a Marriott or similar but not a very big step down either. We usually prefer "nicer" hotels, but this time we were travelling with our small dog on a spur of the moment trip, and the price was right. Most of the other guests were military with some working-class couples and families.

Things we liked about this hotel:

- Staff friendly. No hassle about dog at all.
- Nice pool esp. for this hotel class. Better than some we've seen at "nicer" hotels. Loved that it was covered due to the intense hot SA summer sun.
- Decorations and furniture tastefully done. Very pleasant and comfortable.
- Very large rooms. Like a suite but with no door or other separation between bedroom and sitting area.
- Fridge and microwave in room.
- Good location: near intersection of 1604 and 281. Lots of restaurants nearby. We stopped at Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts for breakfast.

Things we didn't like about this hotel:

- Beds could have been a little bit softer
- Would have preferred higher thread count sheets and bedspreads.
- Breakfast was so-so but pretty standard for a free hotel breakfast. My daughter declared that the eggs were disgusting ... but we both choked down a few mouthfuls since we knew those Krispy Kremes were coming afterwards.
- Pool had a little too much chlorine but not too bad.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would (and probably will) definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chessiepony
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I spent two nights at this motel. After checking out on Sunday around 11:am, I went out to eat and do some shopping with my family. I then realized I had left two new blouses and a samsonite garment bag. I immediately called La Quinta and spoke to the desk clerk who was too busy to check and advised me to call later. I called 15 minutes later and she told me to call back while she checked to see if the items had been turned in. I then decided to drive 20 miles to the motel to go check for myself. A lady at the desk made a key to the still vacant room. The closet had been picked clean. The desk clerk advised me to call the next (Monday) around 8:30am because that was when the housekeeping staff would come. I did and to my surprise I was told that the housekeeper said that she had found nothing in the closet. The general manager was of no help and sided with the housekeeper which I know was the one that took my items. It's horrible to know that you can't trust the cleaning staff at this particular hotel because I have stayed many,many times at Holiday INN and this problem has never happened. I'm out of two blouses with shells and a nice garment bag and the hotel won't take responsibility. My advise is BEWARE of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank rcastro17
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during spring break. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms and hotel were clean; however our first room had a stain in the ceiling where there had been a leak at one point.

As in other reviews I did notice a noise problem during the day on the floor with the double queen rooms, not surprising since those rooms were full of families. Our first room was a double queen, and the TVs in the rooms on both sides of us were on at about 5 pm. We had just driven ten hours, so we needed some rest. We asked to be moved because of the noise, and they moved us to the fourth floor to a king with a pull out sleeper. We had no problems from then on with noise.

The double queen room is just shy of cramped. If you want a nice big room think of booking the king with a pull out sleeper instead. That way you will also get a nice big seating area, and a place to eat if you decide to bring breakfast up.

The room was humid when we arrived, but the AC was turned to 74 degrees. We turned the temperature down and it cooled off soon, and was pleasant the rest of the stay.

The breakfast was good. The menu alternates between breakfast burritos and pancakes, and biscuits and gravy. The rest of the menu was the same everyday: yogurt, toast, muffins, eggs, sausage, fruit, and make your own waffles. Go down early if you want to beat the crowd. We went down between 7 and 7:30 each day, and there were plenty of place to sit and no lines. The crowd starts to arrive between 7:40 and 8:15.

The pool is very pleasant in March. It is heated, and there are large windows in the room that were open when were there. We went swimming in the middle of the day, and at night. The pool was not crowded at any point during our visit, so that was very nice.

The hotel is right next to Wal-mart, so if you’ve forgotten anything it is a great location. There are lots of places to eat nearby, and it was only about 20 minutes or so from the Alamo/Riverwalk and SeaWorld. I think this was a better choice than the hotels next to the Riverwalk, only because the traffic near the Riverwalk is horrible on the weekend.

I would stay at this hotel again, but I will be sure to book a king room from the beginning next time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family