“Huge Disappointment” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
St Louis, MO
“Huge Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

I travel frequently for business and have stayed at a number of LaQuinta hotels across the country. I have always found them to meet my expectations, however, this hotel fell painfully short of even the most basic expectations. The room was not clean, there were stains on the pillow cases, the room was in disrepair with broken drawers in the dresser that wouldn't even close, the bathroom had the loudest, most annoying exhaust fan that comes on automatically when you turn on the light switch, the carpet was dirty, the furniture was well worn and the walls are paper thin. Worst of all, I barely had enough hot water to take a 10 minute shower. The lobby & other common areas are perfectly fine but the rooms leave much to be desired. Would never recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveler63017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gordon7409
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

The stay was decent. It was the additional billing that I have a serious problem with. After many, many conversations with the owner of the hotel, my two night stay has cost me five. After paying the bill on the 14th, I was charged again for an additional three days. I tried to have the problem corrected, however, the owner is very rude and verbally abussive.

Beware of this hotel! I've now been forced to cancel my credit card, put a fraud alert on my bank account, and am reporting them to the better business bureau. This place is a fraud!!! Save yourself the extra time, just stay somewhere else.

2 Thank Gordon7409
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2009

We actually live in San Antonio, but purchased this (along with dinner) from a charity auction. Well, the walls are paper thin. The hotel clearly used non-commercial grade materials, as there was quite a bit of wear and tear and deterioration throughout. I know that this location is only about 2 years old! Not that clean (hairs on floor, floors sticky throughout hotel). Staff all were more interested in talking to their friends, whether in person, or on cell phones walking through hallways. Door leading to pool was UN-locked. Our alarm clock was still on DST (and we had been back on standard time since October)- is this how often people stay here?

I have stayed in hotels where I can hear what goes on in the next room, but I have never been able to hear what goes on ABOVE me. I could hear the person's ROLLING SUITCASE!! ON CARPET!!

Looks great on the outside, but looks are deceiving-try one of the other hotels in the area!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SATWorld
Santa Fe, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

This is the worst built hotel as far as thin walls go. We checked in on Friday, along with over 100 private school students between the ages of 12-16. They checked in around 11pm and were extremely loud and uncontrolled. After 3 calls to the front desk over the period of 1 1/2 hours I finally went to the desk in person to complain. The young lady was very sympathic, but advised that she was the only one there (they DO NOT HAVE A NIGHT MANAGER!) and tried her best to quiet the students by calling the guardians, to no avail. They finally quieted down at 1am. We were moved to the 4th floor the next day, but it was no better. Again, no sleep that night. We had our 3-year old with us, and our trip was ruined due to lack of sleep. Truly, the walls are so thin that we could here snoring, drawers opening and closing, toilets flushing, and another bodily function I won't mention. While the staff was extremely professional and sympathic, we were in a bad situation, and was not offered any type of discount. If you want a good nights sleep, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Thin Walls, Noise Level
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family