We stayed here a couple of months ago and we really liked this hotel. Parking was convenient in a lot right across from the hotel, an important factor as parking is sparse in the larger cities in general. Lobby was nice with the bar in the background leading out to an outside patio with a good amount of seating. They had happy hours daily with great specials as well. To the right of the outside seating for the bar was a smaller pool where some families were having fun. There was also a coffee shop deli off the lobby convenient for coffee & sandwiches/muffins in the morning. The guest rooms were oversized and very clean with a modern look with small kitchenettes etc. and large comfortable beds. Personally I don't care for a kitchenette in my hotel room (sometimes they attracts larger families squeezed into one room) but the fridge & extra seating was nice. This was also a hotel where a good amount of business travelers stayed; we spoke to some of them so a mix of different guests which was nice. Lastly what we really loved about this hotel is that you can pick up the water taxi right below, they have their own water taxi stop and you can also see the river from many of the hotel rooms. The ride to the restaurant area was about 10 min with the water taxi so other hotels down the river were closer for sure but again with the parking and oversized rooms, bar etc. we felt this was a good choice for our purpose of stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome the Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk, an intriguing branded boutique hotel delivering peace and renewal to people who are tired of mundane cookie-cutter hotels. Meandering along the threshold of the Riverwalk in the downtown area you will find yourself close by the Museum of Art, Alamo, El Mercado, Southwest School of Arts & Crafts, Rivercenter Mall, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, Alamodome, Municipal Auditorium, and Majestic Theater. Local businesses include AT&T, Baptist Hospital, Methodist Healthcare Systems, Fort Sam Houston, Brooke Army Medical Center, Kelly USA, and Lackland AFB. Imagine a 100% smoke free, sophisticated boutique hotel, whose focus is delivering guest peace, serenity and renewal. Experience true Texas hospitality at this jewel just a short stroll to restaurants and bars. Hotel Indigo offers a blend of modern contemporary living with the best in hotel hospitality. Curl up in our over-sized beds with plush bedding, duvets, pillow shams and fluffy pillows. Complimentary WiFi is at your fingertips. Relax and enjoy our Bridges Bar & Bistro for cutting edge cuisine or grab a latte where we proudly brew coffee from a local company. The Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk has been designed as an oasis for travelers who yearn for an escape from the common hotel, but still need the convenience of a fitness center, pool and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline and IHG so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites San Antonio
- San Antonio Hawthorn Suites