This resort is very nice... the rooms are spacious and comfortable. I loved the vanity area outside the bathroom, it was luxurious! We had a double balcony (corner room) on the 7th floor and the views were really nice. I liked the classical music that was playing when we got there. We left it on while we got ready for our night out. It made for lovely ambience.
We didn't get a chance to take advantage of the golf course or spa. However, the pools were gorgeous. If you stay on the 7th floor, apparently you get access to a cocktail hour with free food and drinks. We took advantage of it and it was a fun way to start the evening.
The restaurant inside the hotel (Francesca's) was ok. It was a little too empty to have a good atmosphere, but there was nothing to complain (or rave) about food-wise. The service was friendly.
The bar (I think it was Steinheimer's Bar) was fun because they had a shuffleboard table. The bartenders were nice/attentive also.
Lastly, we asked for a late check-out so we could enjoy the pool and they were very flexible with that which was great!
The only thing we thought was not up to the same par as everything else was the desk clerk who first checked us in. She looked down at her computer most of the time during our interaction and she had an accent that made it quite difficult to understand her (no, we don't mind accents... but we probably couldn't understand her because she was talking down to her computer). She also did not seem as friendly/professional as the other staff we encountered during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Cantera Resort & Spa is a 550 acre hill country oasis atop one of the highest points in San Antonio and is centrally located to the finest attractions the city has to offer. Luxurious accommodations offer every amenity in addition to separate adult and family friendly pools, Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness and 36 holes of on-site championship golf. Less than a mile away with complimentary transportation are the Shops at La Cantera with a variety of luxury shopping and dining options, The Rim shopping center, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Additionally, SeaWorld, downtown San Antonio, the airport and hill country adventures like antiquing, and wine tours are 20 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your La Cantera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Cantera Hotel San Antonio
- La Cantera San Antonio
- Westin Cantera Hotel
- Westin La Cantera Resort
- Westin San Antonio
- San Antonio Westin
- The Westin La Cantera Resort San Antonio