“We loved this place!”

Ranked #178 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Pensacola, FL
“We loved this place!”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

OLD hotel but the rooms were HUGE. We stayed in a suite which was VERY roomy and accommodated us beautifully! Truth be told, I did clean the suite after we checked in but I usually do that when we stay in a hotel. The beds were awesome. We rested very well. We heard NO noise from the hallway or the neighbors. The old building is very well sound protected and the parking lot was well lit.

We were all impressed with the staff and the way the place was maintained. The courtyard was lovely and landscaped. Breakfast was handy and the coffee was great!

The staff was helpful and friendly from check in to check out. We needed the help of the maintenance staff. They were fast, efficient and cleaned up behind themselves.

This was an excellent value and we enjoyed everything/everyone we encountered.

Room Tip: This is an excellent location for any vacation/visit to San Antonio. I-10 is very handy and there i...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I went to visit my husband at Fort Sam Houston. The people were very helpful giving me directions and even drawing me a map. The room was very clean. However on the 3rd day i was there, the housekeeper didnt come until about 4 in the afternoon, i didnt even have towels until almost 5 pm. The rates are very good for what you get. the only thing i would change is the breakfast. They dont have a lot to eat in the morning. its a "you get what you pay for" moment. Other wise it was an awesome time!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Sarah S, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your taking the time to give us a good review. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to San Antonio.

Sarah Stefano
F: (210) 738-1230
E: hojosalessa@gmail.com
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Very dirty! First we arrived to find on the first night a dirty toilet;dirty floor, and the most disgusting pillows and bed was old I have ever seen! the next day i want to front desk and ask be moved and they did I had to waite 5hr so we left to see the town come back after longday get a new key to the room and we go in it look nice ok then I look for the remort for the TV not there so I called the said come up to the front desk and pick one up ok, then iI get it and turn on the TV and gusse what the TV didi not work I had to waite next day to get other one and them that same night my wife gose in to the restroom to shower and found two roach in the bathtub so I called and they send someone to clean it so the next day we said ok let take a shower and here we found the shower were brooken ok thank god my girls room was next to us so we go there to take a shower and one of girl they had roachs in there room and step one ok so I go to the front desk to tell them and they say ok we will fix the shower and roach so we get back at 2am and my key dose work and the shower was not fix we stayed are last night there went the next day to ck out ask to speak to MGR was not in and he would call waited 4hr for him to call and to tell me that his going to give me 50% off for one day now is that nice the four night i stayed there in two room and both had roachs and smell or in mind that that last night when we came back are room was not clean so was that tell you there are their for the money and not for the Family and Friends that go to stay there. The second night we found not one clean towel in our room,instead we find again dirty floors and a dirty towel on the corner of the room. We called front desk and explained everything that was found on this day and prior day. The lady said she would leave a note to manager to inform her. We knew booking this hotel it wasn't going to be a modern updated holiday. Inn but was at least expecting a clean comfortable room,instead it was the worst dirty hotel! I Do NOT recommend! Unless u don't mind dirtyness.

Room Tip: Find a other room at other hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
David P, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Central San Antonio, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write thoughts and concerns. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We didn't like the fact that none of the ice machines were working in the middle of July. We had ice chest that we wanted to fill to cut down of the cost of buying beverages. We paid cash for our room once we arrived but the hotel still charged my credit card for the full amount too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
We are sorry that you experienced some problems at our hotel. We are trying to improve everyday. The credit card was auth. and when you pay cash at the end of your stay it will be reversed back into your account. Keep in mind that this may take up 24 to 48 hours depending on the your card. The ice machines were working we have a sign posted for ice bucket use only. We assure you that this types of probems do not happen all the time. Please come back and see us.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My family and I enjoyed our stay here. The room was big and spacious. Everything in the room worked well ( hair dryer, tv, internet, ac, microwave, refrig., etc). The pool was clean, and the hot tub was relaxing. The service was great!! Everyone was very hepful with directions to our many places to visit. It was more than expected for the price.

Room Tip: We were downstairs in room 135, which was close to the pool, front office, vending machines, and we...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SparkleatMidnight
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2011

This my second time staying at this hotel and each time was great. All the staff are kind and helpful, the rooms are clean, when ever you call for something they are there. And the breakfast is spectacular. All of this for a great price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Shevonia
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We got a great deal by booking through this hotel's website. It was cheaper than all the other famous ones. We enjoyed our stay. The pool was right off our suite and the hotel
location was very convenient. Natural Bridge Caverns and the Wildlife Ranch were within 25 minutes drive. The staff were very friendly and the hotel was family oriented which was very convenient for us. There is a supertarget nearby and plenty of shops and restaurants. The only downside was that the breakfast did not include a lot of varieties and fruits as it was advertised in the hotel description. I got my fruits on our third day after having to ask more than twice. We would definitly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family