Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Northwest Medical Center
Ranked #77 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Midland, Texas
“Very Clean”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Room was very clean and bed was comfy. We were so tired every evening when we got back to room we just showered and went to bed. It was very quiet in rooms next to us and around us. We were on 4th floor The water pressure was great and the people working there were all so friendly and helpful. We will stay there again. We were going to bring our dog but didn't but it is pet friendly and you wouldn't know it cause you never hear any or smell any.. we very much enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast was not too bad. They need someone to teach them how to make cream gravy. The rest was good.

Room Tip: We had a King size bed. We had plenty of room and also seating room. We loved our room. Used the lau...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice, 2yrs apart. Both stays were comfortable. The rooms are clean and quite. The staff were friendly, helpful, and always courteous professionals. Also I liked that the hotel was centrally located. We where less than ten miles from all our dinning and sightseeing destinations. I recommend this hotel to everyone. I'm sure on my next visit to San Antonio we'll be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Fiesta Texas with 5 teenagers....booked two rooms and did not have any problems....showers have great water pressure and breakfast was great !!! Service was excellent and staff very helpful !!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Everywhere
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I love BW. Shout out to my Houston fav! But can't recommend this one.
Check-in: Requested 1st floor away from the elevator and ice machine. Got a room right across from the elevator, ice machine, next to the laundry area/fitness room and most importantly next to some nightclub.*room 113)...Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Don't know what's up with the pillows. I had 2 beds and I used every single one for support.

Noise: My oh my. I came in a side door so didn't realize that I was next to the washer/dryer room until the next morning. I arrived late and didn't realize how loud the bar next door was until I was climbing into bed. BOOM BOOM BOOM til 2am. I turned the TV on to drown out the noise. Then the laundry room is next to head of the bed and I didn't realize what I was hearing until I went past there the next morning
Check out/breakfast:Watery powdered eggs bad, decent sausage biscuits/gravy. Good coffee. I did receive an apology for the loud noise. Instead of getting redressed and packing again I chose to deal with it for one night.

Recommend: Nope. Too loud. If I can't get a good nights sleep I can't stay here. Not for 80/night. I checked in on a Thursday night which is not a busy night so I feel my requests should have been better served.

Room Tip: If you have to stay: Request away from: elevator, ice machine, laundry room, NIGHTCLUB!. Way too man...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Southern California
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel which is next to the Drury Inn, where we have stayed before. Since Drury was booked, we decided to try this Best Western. To our surprise, we saw a plaque at the front desk that said the BW hotel is actually run by Drury Inn. In any case, I wish I could say it was as nice as Drury was, but it wasn't.

Our room was clean and the shower was great. The pillows were too hard and big and I woke up with neck strain. The breakfast was very good and the location of the hotel was convenient to restaurants and shopping. It is a little trek to downtown, but we had a car and it was no big deal.

The worst thing about this hotel was the location of our room. We were told that although we had requested a room away from the elevators/ice machine, this room, which was the second room from the front desk, was the only one available. It was horribly NOISY. We heard every person walking to and from their rooms, to and from breakfast, toilets flushing and showers running, and worst of all, above us were what sounded like a heard of elephants running and jumping until 2am. We called the front desk several times about the noise and were told that they would go to the upstairs room and ask them to quiet down. Unfortunately, whether they did or not is unclear, because the noise never stopped. We woke up tired fom lack of sleep.

If it weren't for the bad room location, I would say this was a decent hotel for the cost. So if you try staying here, be sure you get an upstairs room at the end of the hall. The walls are thin and the floors loud, so you'll want to be where traffic doesn't cross your room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Algonquin, IL USA
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is clean and neat. The staff was nice (except for the security guard who saw me struggling with a wheelchair, 2 suitcases, and the key card and chose to allow the door to shut and walk away.) The parking lot can only be turned into from one direction so be sure to print out clearly marked maps and directions.

Room Tip: The 4th floor doesn't have an ice machine so I found there to be less foot traffic.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Lago Vista, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2012

What a surprise! Having paid only $62 for a double bed room for 4, my entire family was pleased with the room. While it could use some updating, it was well worth the price. Ok workout room, ok pool, super nice front desk, well lit parking, and right by the freeway for quick convience. The breakfast was not bad at all and the coffee was great. An excellent value for those of us who sometimes need to save a few bucks.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family