“Incredibly meaty ribs!”

2M Smokehouse & Catering
Ranked #249 of 4,987 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed March 3, 2017

2M is somewhat off the beaten path on the southeast side of town yet draws a crowd and often sells out of certain meat choices. The pork ribs are VERY meaty with great smoked flavor. Two ribs are a meal, three will fill you up. The sauce is on the sweet side but compliments the meat very well. Pickles and onions are fresh and flavorful. Note: NO ICED TEA! Only sodas.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

We placed our order for a pickup on Saturday and when we got there it only took about 15 minutes to get our order and be on our way. The brisket is delicious, the ribs are so tender they fall off the bone and they have several kinds of sausage. All in all it was all delicious and tasty. As for the sides, the beans were very good as for the potato salad I found it to be very bland and we did not order the coleslaw. The tortillas were also a pleasant surprise and very good to boot. Going back soon!!!

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Best BBQ in San Antonio hands down!!!!
My brisket sandwich was the BOMB!!!!
I requested for lean brisket and that's exactly what I got... A freakin delicious, tender, lean brisket sandwich.
Once I got to the table, I added some of their delicious pickled onions in my sandwich, along with some of that mouth watering BBQ sauce.
SOOO GOOD!!!!
I could have died at that moment and have been completely satisfied knowing I just enjoyed the BEST BBQ IN MY LIFE!!!!
If you go, you will NOT be disappointed!!

And please, don't listen to the complainers on their Facebook page crying about the "long line"... solution: GO EARLY!!! You probably wait in longer lines at Bill millers drive-thru during your lunch break anyways!
Also, don't listen to the cheap people whining about "it's soo pricey"... solution: Go to McDonalds and get yourself a McRib!!
2M DOES NOT serve dollar menu quality of food or meat. So if you want to be cheap... go eat your mediocre garbage.

Therefor in conclusion... get to 2M early, wait patiently in line, and freakin enjoy the best BBQ of your life!!!!!
Not all heroes wear capes... some just just know how to smoke brisket to perfection.

Reviewed February 2, 2017

Got there about 15-20 minutes before opening and was about 12th in line. By the time the doors opened at 11, there were at least 3 dozen waiting. The line moved pretty slowly, but that was, in part, because of the large quantities of food being ordered by those in front of me.

The service was very friendly, with the cutter/co-owner chatting amiably with customers and giving the occasional sample. They serve what are now pretty much the common 'cue options in Texas; brisket, sausage, pulled pork, and pork ribs, with sides such as potato salad, slaw, beans, and chicharron mac 'n cheese (very good).

At $20/ob for brisket, they're among the highest priced of the new 'cue places. The brisket was fatty, juicy, and very tender. Good, if not exactly stellar flavor. I think perhaps trimming a little more fat would be prudent. I wasn't going to order the pulled pork until I saw another customer with some. It looked like, and is, the moistest pulled pork I've had in Texas. Good flavor and their funky-sweet sauce works best with the pulled pork. The ribs were a slight disappointment, as I had a couple of dry bites. I'd say they spent a little too much time on the smoker as they were probably too tender, with no real bite. The pork sausage has some unique flavor - perhaps cilantro, which is probably a love or hate flavor. Perhaps the beef sausage is a little more traditional.

High-priced 'cue joints are places I like to ocassionaly treat myself with. Given the lines at this place, Franklin's in Austin, and Pecan Lodge in Dallas, you pretty much gotta make it a destination lunch. I'd say 2M comes close, but isn't quite there yet.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

REALLY people this is no way to run a business. We got there on a Thursday at 11:45 a.m., the first day of the week they are open (opened at 11). Stood outside in line for 45 minutes. By the time we made it through the door they were out of everything except brisket, and by the time we got to the front of the line they only had chopped brisket. We got the last serving of any side, which was coleslaw. I always thought the idea of owning a restaurant was to have enough food to serve it through open hours, which for them is only five hours a day. And it was just OK once we sat down to eat. SO many good barbecue places in San Antonio this is definitely not worth the trip, wait or food.