“The Best BBQ in SA”

2M Smokehouse & Catering
Ranked #251 of 4,980 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed February 17, 2018

I had heard about 2M for some time and finally tried it last week. It's on the far southside of San Antonio, a little place with a makeshift parking lot. I arrived at 11am and the parking lot was already getting full and there was a line waiting patiently for their turn to order one of the items on the menu. They serve until everything is gone, which varies depending on the day of the week.

When we were there, we got the last of the sausage links which contain peppers and were both savory and spicy; just incredible. The Mac & Cheese has an option to add chicharones, which we did and it was a perfect addition. The turkey was the most moist, tasty BBQ turkey i've ever tried. The brisket was rich in flavor with a perfect covering of deep, richly colored fat that made the slices so moist and tender. The pork ribs were tender and meaty.

What else to say? They make everything from scratch and it's all great: tortillas, wonderful tres leches cake, and the list goes on. Even their bbq sauce was something special, a vinegar base (much thinner than typical Texas bbq sauce) with other ingredients added in that enhanced the stellar meats.

On my way out, I stopped by the smokehouse behind the restaurant, peered through the screen and saw the pitmaster. I told him that was the best bbq turkey i'd ever had and he smiled and said "thank you".

One caveat: it's pretty darn expensive: $20/lb for brisket; $18/lb for turkey etc, but man oh man, it's really worth it if you love great Texas bbq.

1  Thank boudin

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Review: 2M BBQ

I've been there and conquered it. I took pictures but lost them due to a phone switch.

We spent like $110.

We ordered Beef Rib (8) which was about $40 alone, Pork Ribs, (7.5), Brisket (7.5), Sausage (7.5), Potato Salad (6), Mac n Chz (5), with BBQ Sauce (8), Tortillas (7), and Soda (8).

The line had about 10 people, but it moved along easily. This was about 12:30 PM.

Most ordered to-go.

We grabbed the last table outside on the patio. We could go back, but there is enough BBQ in and around our surrounding area.

If I am ever in the area, I may stop by, just like Big Lou's which I helped build in their following...

Overall, it was a good experience.

"Big" Henry
#BigHenrysReview

Reviewed November 11, 2017

I've been back in Texas for two weeks and finally got some BBQ. My first time at 2M, but it won't be my last! Melt-in-your-mouth brisket, with just the right amount of crispy finish. No knife needed. Pulled pork that's oh-so-flavorful you don't need to add sauce. Great slaw and house-made pickles. We did take-out, then used the leftovers for breakfast with eggs. So good! Seating is limited, and they run out of some items early (the day I was there, they were out of turkey and sausage by 1:30 pm, on a weekday)

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

The moist brisket may have been the most tasty I've ever had, but: 1. The single slice was $8 and half the weight was fat that I had to cut off. 2. The 2 pork ribs cost $10 and were not moist at all and nothing special. 3. The short line took 30 minutes as only one guy did all the work. 4. The place was not nice and had limited seating. 5. The restaurant is far out of the way. 6. I wanted to try the sausage or turkey but I already paid $19.75 with tax and that included no side and a cup of water.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

This was our 4th trip to 2M Smokehouse. It was great again. The brisket tacos are fantastic. We arrived, this time, 20 minutes before they opened on a Sunday. There were about 20 people ahead of us in line. We had a pleasant conversation with others in line as we waited. Interestingly, there were wild parakeets flying around.
We had the pickled serranos with the brisket tacos. We also had a half rack of pork spareribs. They were very good too.