“Great flavor”
Review of Botika

Botika
Reserve with OpenTable
Botika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 5,105 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed August 16, 2017

My first visit I had the daily bento for $12. Great value and food. It had sushi, fried tako, salad and shredded por over rice and salad. Plus ice tea. My second visit I had the ribs, spring roll, and ceviche. Great service and lots of parking.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

We were out and about and decided to date night at Botika. We were excited to try a new place and love being down at the Pearl. We were seated right away only to then wait for quite awhile before our drink order was taken and even longer before our waiter returned to take our dinner choices. He returned on occasion to fill our water glasses ( most of which ended up in the table while he was busy watching other people) and our sushi arrived . We had ordered egg rolls to start so
were curious why they didn't come first. Main course arrived after another prolonged wait. Again no egg rolls. We had pretty much finished our main course when our absentee waiter made an appearance ... noticed our egg rolls were not present went "huh" ... walked away and returned to tell us they had to remake them because they had burned them. (At this point we were probably 45 minutes past when we initially ordered them...as an appetizer).We waited ... again...and they came about 10 minutes later. Burned. Black. Not just a light dusting but good and truly burnt. We both looked at each other a bit surprised that this was the excuse given for why they never came in the first place only to have them come out looking like I'd held them over a campfire. My wonderful husband gamely ate one of them but by this time we figured between the shoddy service and the inedible and delayed appetizer .. we'd call it a night. Waited another 10 minutes before our waiter came by to see if we were done. We didn't complain about the service or the food to a manager - it really isn't our style- but I am not sure we'd gamble on this place again. Which is too bad as we were very excited to try it.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

My first experience at Botika was quite enjoyable. Their cuisine is truly unique and delicious. A blend of native ingredients from the world.
Great staff, ambiance, food, and drinks.
More of a fine dining experience by their cost and portions offered but, it is worth every penny to experience the wonderful dishes they prepare.
Definitely worth another return visit when I'm in the area!

Reviewed August 2, 2017

I visited during their happy hour before they were officially taking dinner orders. They had a menu devoted solely to happy hour but it was very limited in options. Ordered the house empanadas which were great and the egg rolls which weren't anything special. Thankfully the accompanying sauce improved their flavor. The selection of happy hour wines were pathetic. No chardonnay, Pinot Noir? Really. We ordered dinner as soon as we were able to flag down a waiter despite a huge number of staff hanging out waiting for the rush hour crowd to descend. I can only rate the service as terrible given the place was empty and there was a herd of employees hanging out visiting with one another.
I had the Polo Antiuchos and would have enjoyed the plate if there was more than a bite or two on each skewer of chicken which rendered them rather dry. Given 5 anorexic anticuhos barely made a meal and I'm pretty small. My husband had the daily catch of Salmon and it was ok.
First and most likely last time since I wasn't wowed by anything - food or service.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

We thought it was sushi but it was so much more. Peruvian and Japanese melded together. We started with the gyoza that had a spicy mustard sauce. Yum! Next the tuna tabiko ceviche with sweet potato passion fruit sauce. Not sure which was better. Until the house roll came with black squid ink rice and four fish. We should have put all the sauce and wasabi on each bite which we figured out at the end. It was great but was really great with the condiments. And do not leave without eating the octopus!! Best we have ever eaten. Marinated for hours to produce the most flavorful, tender octopus you have ever eaten. We didn't want the carby rice and noodle dishes so we got chefs choice sashimi- oh yea! And then dessert...almond chai panacotta with saki drunken cherries...who knew I needed to eat that? And hubby lapped up sorbet assortment with lychee pieces. Shout out to Nick our server with foodie insights. We made some very good choices with his wise council. Great service. Great food and we will be back, hopefully soon.