“Overall AMAZING stay!”

Ranked #50 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Iraan, Texas
“Overall AMAZING stay!”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

It was my husband's 26th Birthday and I wanted everything to be a huge surprise! I was taking him to Seaworld on Saturday the 28th and I really wanted cupcakes in the room when we got back. I called the Hotel to see if anyone could do that for me. You know, all the running around that you can't do when your husband is around? Well, I left a message for the manager, Julio (I am NOT sure if thats spelled correct and I am sorry to the manager reading this!) BUT I left his a message and he called me back on Sunday, a week before our trip and said he had NO problem at all doing this for me, took notes on what kind of cupcakes I wanted and balloons! He was AWESOME! My husband is VERY picky and loves red velet cupcakes with chocolate icing! WELL...we arrived on Fri the 27th with a very warm greeting! Everyone was VERY nice, telling my husband Happy Birthday and enjoy our stay! Not only that but on Saturday morning when I called the front desk to check on the surpirse, they told me to call Julio on his cell phone! How COOL!! He left his cell # for me and I could text and check up with him all day if I wanted!

We went to Seaworld, which the hotel provides a FREE shuttle survice, GREAT driver and very nice! I left my phone in the locker in my bag ALL day and got back in the shuttle and Julio and texted several times saying they no longer made red velet cupcakes at HEB, walmart and other bakeries...BUT the last text said: "Don't worry about anything, I have everything covered and in the room." I almost paniced until I read that!

When we got to the hotel I got to meet him FINALLY! and shake his hand! He is such a sweet man, and went above and beyond for me and my husband! My husband had an amazing birthday and I FIANLLY got to surpirse him, Thanks to Julio!! :)

Thanks again all the staff of this hotel!

Room Tip: VERY close to Seaworld! Free shuttle to it!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Morgan J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
Phoenix
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel met basic needs of the trip. The discount offered in connection with a local business made it a great deal. The hotel has basic weight, aerobic, and pool facilities. The on site restaurant, Sporting News Grill, usually opened later than advertised. I made it once, but bailed a couple of other times after waiting 15 minutes since I had to get to a local business by 8 in rush hour traffic. The eco friendly aspect wasn't too much of a hassle other than having to leave the room key card in a reader for the entry light to stay on.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Curious88,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations as well as our facilities. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry the restaurant was not open at the listed time. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The best thing about this hotel was the shuttle to Sea World. The lobby was nice, but the front desk was not very helpful. We didn't know that you had to sign up for the shuttle to Sea World and only found out after waiting for it. The room we were in was ok but the bathroom was dirty and didn't look clean at all. We got a good deal on Priceline for our rooms, but next time I would definitly stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank famof5s
Dear famof5s,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry the bathroom conditions were unacceptable during your stay. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

The check-in was with ease. The elevators take 1-5 mins to respond, and there's always a line. The room looked nice, until we found pantyhose and used condoms in the trash. It might have been a mistake. Upon calling the front desk, Julio, offered someone up right away to get the trash and offered coupons for dine at sporting news grill. Some angry unidentified man handed me a trash bag and coupons, really? The next morning we wake to find the coupons are expired and cannot be transferred, the front desk offered nothing else but a "sorry". So, if you like overpriced rooms with slow dirty service - welcome home.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Tripz20
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear Tripz20,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service from our staff which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Granger, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This apparently is a more Eco-friendly hotel, trying to attain LEED certification. Not that that matters too much when you are just looking for a nice place to lay your head, but it's nice. We didn't run into the problems other guests reported. The room was clean, modern and quiet. I know I saw lots of kids in the hotel due to the proximity to Sae World, but I didn't hear them. We had the buffet breakfast and the servers were very attententive. Food we fine, nothing to blow your socks off.

We enjoyed the stay, my wife, however, did not like the bed. She said it started hurting her hip after a few hours. Not sure what mattress they use, but we usually like Holiday Inn mattresses.

Oh, they have preferred parking for fuel efficient vehicles but any and everything was parked there. We have a Honda hybrid and couldn't get a spot. Cool idea but it's not enforced. They should give a permit or something so the Mustangs and SUVs can't park there.

1 Thank jburatti
Lumberton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Room smelled of strong urine… called front desk and was told that all they could do was send someone to spray. Never made it in to spray. Horrible,Dirty, and Smelly… you decide…...

2 Thank Lauren M
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Lauren M,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Once we got to the room we noticed that the toilet paper was a yellow color and had black mold on it! I called the front desk and they said they would send someone right up to change it! My husband & I went to dinner....when we came back it was still there! I had to touch the disgusting roll, walk it to the front desk and get a new roll! All he had to say was that he was embarrased! We have stayed here before but NEVER AGAIN! PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS! It makes a big difference! Not a single apology! From a big chain like Holiday INN....I expected much more!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
JulioElias, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio NW - Seaworld Area, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

The company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers and I would like to state that on this occasion the level of service you received was unacceptable. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.