Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsla canteragreat locationsmall kitchen tablemarriott silverfuture guestsfull kitchenfiesta texaswafflesthe sofa bedrooms are quietfriendly hotelrooms are greatminute drivemorning breakfasttop flooreach eveningcleaning staff
Reviewed October 18, 2017

This was a nice property to stay at for our visit to Fiesta Texas. Check in was fast, easy and friendly. The room was well appointed, comfortable beds, a kitchenette, living room, bathroom. There were several restaurants nearby in a shopping center. Fiesta Texas was across the freeway - 5 min drive. There was a nice sized pool and free breakfast was offered.

Room Tip: close to Fiesta Texas
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Booked a studio room on Hotels.com. Check in process was smooth and quick. Got a room on third floor overlooking the parking lot. The room was spacious and neat as in any other Residence Inn. The bath was compact and toiletries were replaced daily. The Wi-Fi speed was good and TV had all top channels. We had planned to visit Six Flags and this location was apt as it was a very short drive away. We felt quite uncomfortable in the mornings with respect to breakfast. The hotel had a high occupancy rate last weekend and we had a lot of guests crowding the small breakfast area. There was absolutely no breathing space between devices such as toaster and waffle makers, juice machine and oats container. It makes the idea of having breakfast very distasteful. To top the space woes, the food was refilled at an alarmingly slow pace. Guests had to ask for each and every food item Very few staff members trying to get food out, utensils replaced, garbage cans cleaned, spilled food cleaned, tables cleaned, coffee pots refilled, etc. There was no fruit on Saturday morning and coffee pots were taken away and coffee area was completed wiped down after 10 AM (never to see them again that day). The regular coffee and hot water were not available for most part and we had to consume decaf coffee. The creamers, tea bags, cocoa packets were also in short supply. I would request three changes to be made – (1) increase the breakfast space so that people do not have to line up stepping on others’ toes, (2) hire more staff members to handle the morning breakfast rush, and (3) ensure coffee and other beverages are always available 24/7.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TeamConcord, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Gautam05,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us improve our service delivery. Certain times of the year are especially busy with family travelers and the breakfast area can get a little crowded. We are sensitive to this and work hard to keep the food stocked and tables cleared as needed, but we are sorry this impacted your mornings in a negative way. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to San Antonio. Thanks again.

Troy Chontas

Reviewed October 3, 2017

My wife and me spent the weekend at the Residence Inn @ The RIM for a little get away. This is a newer hotel and shares a very nice pool with a sister hotel adjacent to it. We had a suite on the top floor overlooking the pool and really enjoyed the high ceilings (I don't think the lower floors have it) and modern look to the suite. Bed and couch were your usual Marriott furniture, it ok but not high end.
Service was very good and all of our requests were taken care of fast and done right. The staff does a great job and I was pleased with their flexibility and follow up.
I think the only thing I didn't really like was the paper plates for the breakfast buffet.... I found the real plates and silverware under the cabinet so I just used those.

The RIM area offers tons of shopping and dinning options and it's all right there so its easy. If Six Flags is your thing it's just across the highway.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Jeff H
TeamConcord, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio Six Flags at The RIM, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Jeff H, we are so pleased your weekend getaway was everything you had hoped and that our staff was attentive to your needs throughout. It was our pleasure to have you and glad you enjoyed your accommodations with the pleasant view. Please come back and see us again soon for another relaxing and wonderful experience. All the best.

Regards,
Troy Chontas

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and new. The room we were is was very spacious. The staff were accommodating and friendly, the breakfast was good and the location convenient. If we ever need a hotel in this area that allows pets, this will be our first choice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2017

Overall, my experience with this hotel was great. Nothing to complain about really except for one thing- no shuttle to Six Flags. Me and my daughter tagged along with my husband on his business trip here and we chose this hotel because how close it was to Six Flags. After we checked in, I asked the person at the desk if there was a shuttle to Six Flags?? She replied there is a shuttle but it will not take you to Six Flags, but it will take you to Target, which is literally located about 400 yards from the hotel. So in order for us to take the shuttle to six flags we would have to get dropped off at target and than basically walk over there. Let me remind you that you would need to cross the busy frontage road. So I was kind of upset by this experience because why would you have six flags stated in your hotel name yet do not provide a daily shuttle over there? Me and my daughter did go to six flags on one of the days and drove there and paid the $25.01 parking fee. As we were walking to the entrance, I noticed other hotel shuttles and moms and dads dropping people off in a special area for shuttles. Doesn't make sense to me. So from the hotel, once you cross under the freeway, stand in the right lane to park at six flags. But if dropping someone off stay in the left lane to do that. I hope this helps other future guests.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business