“Nice and New - Housekeeping Needs Attention”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest/Medical Center
Ranked #56 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Cleanliness issues were in the details, but my travel partner had the same issues in their room (worse, from their perspective) so there's a trend to be aware of. The bathroom shower had slimy mold-like substance in the corner of the shower door....down where the door attaches to shower frame. It was pretty gross. That and the long black hair on the bath floor warrants a call-out. My travel partner found hair in the bed (under the duvet cover....long black and short some-other-body-part curly hair) and the hand towels were soiled. Such a shame in what could be a "5" rated property. Walls are paper thin, as another review indicated. I will be watching reviews carefully before I book again, as these unattended details are what runs a place down.
Having said that, first, let me say that this Hampton is one of the best laid out I have stayed in, that coming from a Diamond member, so I have stayed in a LOT. The breakfast dining was well attended, never running out of anything on a very busy weekend. The rooms are spacious and layout is awesome. Second the housekeeping staff were very pleasant, courteous and super accommodating when replenishment items were requested.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Brian T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback! I am very sorry for the cleanliness issue and thank you very much for bringing that to our attention. I will address that with our cleaning staff, as that is absolutely not acceptable. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us the next time your travels bring you back to San Antonio!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This is a clean, modern property with large rooms. great for business. it was a great location for my business trip. My room had a shower and sink in one area and then a toilet and sink in another area--I guess for accessibility reasons. Only down side--I could clearly hear conversations in the hall. fortunately, there were not many people walking by and nobody after 10 pm or early.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jenniferlA1132LC
Brian T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for your perfect review and feedback! I am sorry about the noise issues and am glad it didn't negatively impact your experience with us. We greatly appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to San Antonio!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The room is large.
Breakfast selection is good. The waffle machine is a nice bonus, I love it!
Location is very convenient. 12 miles from the airport. It is in a quiet corner, next to the highway. Very easy to get on the freeway right away.

A hand held showerhead would really make this hotel perfect!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Brian T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review and feedback! We greatly appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Great hotel friendly staff, nice rooms, We traveled to this location for a gymnastic meet. My daughter had a great time, enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. We also stopped by the exercise room and tried the treadmill. Great hotel I recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 964cruzl
Brian T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for your perfect review and feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on the way to a business meeting. When we arrived Katie and Travis met us with huge smiles and friendly "Hi". They recommended Jim's for dinner and said we had to get tortilla soup, both great suggestions. Travis gave directions so that we wouldn't have to go around the Interstate, ab4 minute drive instead of 10! Even gave us his card to call if we got lost. Travis and Katie are the friendliest hotel staff we've ever seen!! Thank you both.

Clean, quiet rooms, nice breakfast, we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 2_S0uthernTravelers

Thank you for your wonderful review and feedback! Thank you for the staff compliments as well; I will make sure they are recognized for their commitment to awesome service! We greatly appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I selected this particular location as it was close to where I needed to be. I found my room to be very comfortable and quiet even though it is near a main highway. The particular layout of the room was different from anything I've experienced before but I really liked the toilet being separate from the shower/sink area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank the3kanes
Brian T, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Northwest/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you for your awesome review and feedback! We greatly appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is one of the most comfortable hotels I have stayed in . It was the most efficient staff I have ever encountered. I travel quite a bit and this is one of the most Pleasant experiences I have had. From the point of making the actual reservation the staff went above and beyond to help me find something close to the theme park! I will stay at Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mariajV4116RI

Thank you for your perfect review and feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We greatly appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again soon :)