“Very tasty meat. Meat lovers must go.”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #43 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: River Walk
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

The variety of meat is unbelievable. Ribeye, beef ribs, top sirloin, tenderloin, filet mignon, striploin, lamb chops, lamb shoulders, lamb leg, chicken all types, sausages, pork ribs, chops, everything you can imagine. The only issue is if you eat that much !
They have a salade bar which can "balance" a bit. But, the meat is so tasty, juicy, and amazing. Stick to the meat!

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here twice and I won’t be back. Food lacks taste- at time meat is extremely salty! Salad bar is not fresh, rice was hard, and the service is ordinary at best. Not worth the price- similar restaurants in town Way better food at lesser price with extraordinary customer service. You will have to drive a ways from downtown area, but it is worth it!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2018

I was pleased that they let us eat early from my reservation time. Our extended family joined us for dinner. The entire meal was great.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Went on a Thursday evening about 5:30. The restraint was not packed and make tables available. I have been to this location a couple years ago. We were immediately seated and drinks taken care of quickly. The salad bar was very nice and larger than I remember. As always filled up on salad and bread before even starting the meat course. We turned our card and waited almost 10 minutes for he first meat to come by. It was about another 5 minutes for the second. We left about cards turned for over 30 minutes and only had 3 types of meat total brought by. I asked several different waiters and they all said the meat was coming. We finally just quit out of frustration and asked for the check. It took almost 20 minutes for someone to come by with a check despite 3 or 4 different people saying they were bringing it. The food was good, but service was really lacking despite it seeming to have many working our area.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

This is one of the better Brazilian steakhouses I have been to. It is comparable to the steakhouses I visited in Argentina. This place is 100% worth experiencing. Environment is wonderful as you walking in. Very very high class feel. Quite, civilized. The food is some of the best I've ever had!
Beautiful restaurant,pretty decor,clean,nice lighting,smiling gal greeted us at door and sat us right away. Our server Keyaira provided a thorough guidance of what was unique on the menu and suggesting the types of beverages that would go well with the meals. They also have an expansive wine list. The bar/ drink selection was more than adequate with specialty drinks that my wife and sister in law said were amazing.
The salad bar is fresh and very extensive; which is great because one of our guests was a vegetarian. Salad bar is delicious, and exotic. Succulent veggies, perfectly roasted! Juicy jumbo asparagus and perfectly smoked Norwegian Salmon were some of the highlights. They also have a delicious sweet potato soup and authentic Feijoada or Brazilian black beans.
As with most of these types of restaurants there was no shortage of protein; most all were very good. The protein was cooked perfectly... all of it. The best filet mignon I have ever had. Additionally, our beef, chicken, and/or any other types of meats were top quality, as the Chef spared no detail uncovered. My favorite was the ribeye and the ribs, while my wife thought the lamb was primo. Amazing experience. Succulent ribbons of expertly prepared beef. Top-notch service. It made me want to Samba!
The truly outstanding part was the service; the manager Alex and his team were very attentive and friendly. Water glasses were always full, everything was perfect on both visits. Wonderful environment, extremely friendly staffing. The mood of the dining area is very relaxed-good for a quiet evening out. From the onset, the staff was friendly and extremely hospitable. They are clearly providing a customer service environment to enrich your overall experience. No complaints when it came to ambiance and service! Very fun dining experience with great personalities! This place ROCKS! Alex makes our visit amazing each and every time! The food is always FRESH and sooooo gooooood!
You will not go away hungry as the meat selections kept coming and coming. Finally had to surrender and give up saving a little bit of room for the key lime pie; which was worth the price of admission by itself. Also, order the Tres Leches. This desert will blow your mind, was beyond excellent!! A welcoming location that will make you want to return for sure.