“Wonderful Staff”

Ranked #51 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 10 December 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 December 2017

We have stayed at this location many times in the past but this recent visit was not good and we likely won't be returning. 1st room: The mattress was in decent shape but the mattress cover was tattered and torn and the bed sheet barley fit over the mattress so in the morning when we woke up it had popped off and exposed the mattress, yuck!. The bathroom in this room only has 1 recessed light over the toilet which makes it difficult to see in the shower, poor design. The rooms facing 1604 are loud at night with road noise and it make a challenge to falls asleep. The mini firdge made a lot of noise and I had to wedge it with a book to keep it quiet. We switched rooms was ended up being a trade off because the mattess was terrible and in desperate need of replacement, we sank into the mattress (normal BMI for our height/weight). The second room had lots of dust floating around, the pillows in both rooms are tiny, they used to be standard sized and fine but they are now much smaller. The A/C runs for a minute every 45 minutes no matter what temp we would set it to and didn't keep the room at the desired temp.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2017

While the hotel was nice and very clean, the staff seemed to go out of their way to make everyone feel comfortable. We arrived on Thanksgiving and they were still very nice and treated us like it was any other day. We were very impressed!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattPlaceSAGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Reviewed 27 November 2017

While staying at this hotel my car was vandalized. I was shocked to learn that the Hyatt does not have security cameras in the property parking lot. When I told staff about what happened the first response I received was not of concern for me but immediately that they are not responsible for the damage. When I spoke to the manager, I told her I didn't feel safe leaving my car in the parking lot for the remainder of my stay and she offered to let me park my car closer to the front of the facility so staff could keep an eye on it. When I mentioned this to the front desk person later in the afternoon she told me that I could not do that and that she was not going to be responsible for looking after my car. She said there have been other cars broken in to our vandalized which is why the staff park up in the front. Shouldn't the staff be a little more considerate to customers? I ended up having to park my vehicle at a nearby secure parking garage and getting a ride back to the hotel. I am disappointed in the fact that Hyatt does not take the safety of its patrons seriously. I am lucky that there was only damage to my vehicle. What if there were an assault? How do you expect women traveling alone to feel safe on the property? And for employees to care more about the liability of the hotel than the well-being of the customer was utterly appalling.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattPlaceSAGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is truly unfortunate that your vehicle was damaged. Due to the high volume of vehicle break ins in the City of San Antonio and in an effort to reduce these incidents we do provide security overnight that patrols our parking lot. We have reported the details of your incident to our security company.

It is our hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, please contact me directly.