“Pleasantly Surprised...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 41 San Antonio B&B and Inns
san antonio texas
“Pleasantly Surprised...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

I needed to book a room quickly on a Saturday, and was having a really hard time getting a good room for a reasonable price. I saw this hotel on Priceline, and at first was very skeptical because I had never heard of it, i.e. it was not a chain, so I actually drove by it first to see if it looked ok. From the outside, I was pleasantly surprised because it actually did not look too bad for a 1-star hotel. I saw someone in the parking lot, and asked him if he was a guest at hotel, and if the rooms were ok. He said the rooms were actually pretty nice. So I booked the hotel, walked into the check-in area. The check-in area was actually pretty nice, nice tiles on the floor, very well kept and decorated. When I got into room, I was actually really pleasantly surprised again, it was actually a lot nicer than I expected (it was rated as a 1-star, I was expecting the worst of the worst). Bathtub looked new or really clean, shower walls were very nice, clean and looked new. Had flat screen TV on wall and refrigerator -- very nice touch. Overall, I think hotel was very nice, no complaints. The neighbors, however, were very noisy - that - has nothing to do with hotel, just an annoyance. Also, it is close to airport, so heard planes. If this doesn't bother you, this hotel is really nice for the price.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank gigglebutts

Solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

Pros: Cheap, Clean, Quiet, Central location!!!
Cons: Check out is @ 11:00

So at the last minute I planned a quick / cheap get away for me and my husband, not realizing that it was Summer time. The last hotel we stayed in was nice (Howard Johnson), and it was booked this time. Without having to spend a lot of cash, and still being close to the downtown attractions of San Antonio, this was the best last minute deal I have ever found. I was little supecious because it was a Motel, but it was better than the Howard Johnson we stayed at last time and was cheaper. The host (AJ) was awesome, so friendly, and the place was quiet. It was located in a central spot, so getting to DT only took about 10mins. I really enjoyed the stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple