“evening of great food”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Far West Side
Description: Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q serves Real Texas Bar-B-Q seven days a week. They offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and group meals.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

this is a great delicious food experience. the corn is spctacular and the meat is tender and the sauces were examplerary. no leftovers to take home after that meal

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Stopped in for dinner after leaving work at Lackland AFB. Had the beef brisket on a sandwich and it was not a bad choice at all. Peach Cobbler to finish off the plate before heading back to the hotel. Not a bad stop!

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Food was amazing- super quick and efficient service. Off the beaten path which made it more fun. Felt more authentic than most Bar B Q's we visited!

Reviewed March 6, 2018

I was in town for work and went with a few coworkers. The brisket is fantastic. I had a ¼ pound of that along with the "chop" which is a mix of beef, chicken and pork. Really tasty. Everyone seems to love the creamed corn but I wasn't impressed. The potato salad is great. A trough filled with ice and beer is right next to the line to order. White bread is served along with your meal.
We went at night and sat outside. We kept hearing this bird of prey screeching every few minutes or so. Figured out that the sound was coming from a speaker. I don't think I want to know what they were trying to scare away!

1  Thank TravelLeigh10
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

I love Rudy’s. I know it’s a chain and I am surprised how much I love eating there. Everything is great and its brisket ruined brisket in other more traditional bbq places. If it’s a weekend, it gets packed for late lunch and around 2:30 restaurant is full. Get there before 1:30 and you should avoid the crowds.