“Good steak!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Crownhill
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My last night in town, I wanted a steak. I went at 5 and ate in the bar. I ordered the medium filet, with a baked potato, a green salad with blue cheese, and a glass of house red wine. It was perfect! And the staff were wonderful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have frequented this restaurant several times over the past years, and have never been disappointed. I cannot say that we have sampled various menu items, as we always order steak, steak, steak. My huisband's complaint is that they do not serve sweet potatoes. The service is very good, the steaks are cooked to order as asked by the customer.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We had not been to this restaurant in forever as we do not live close by but joined friends here recently. It has been in operation for a long time so they must be doing something right.
They had made reservations so seating was immediate and the place was not crowded at all for early dinner.
The atmosphere was very clean and not noisy at all.
Our waiter served drinks quickly and the meals came timely.
We ordered a variety of entrees so I will give and overview of the shared opinions.
The entrees came with an iceberg lettuce with two tomatoes so wasn’t particularly special but did come with a good assortment of dressings for the table to share.
You also had a choice of baked potato or mashed potato or steamed veggies.
These were all very good and cooked to everyone’s liking.
The lobster tail was very good, the variety of steaks were tender and only one had to be cooked a bit longer for personal preference. The pork chops were extremely tough and one was left as too difficult to cut. The Caesar salad was a good serving. The 6 fried oysters were okay with some being too mushy for the liking and came with two side sauces with one being very good and the other not so much. These with small bowl of coleslaw that was bland. So this entree at $13.50 was just okay. The grilled chicken breast was somewhat blackened so had a char-grilled flavor but the meat was tough although it was a good serving amount. The price on this was $18.99 which I felt was overpriced.
The waiter was mostly efficient but did take a long time to bring my drink and never refilled it. He was quick in having the table cleared and getting checks taken care of.
Maybe my expectations were too high as the reviews were very good on TA but we did not feel the food quality was equal to the pricing.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

If you want a top of the line steak with a comfortable casual atmosphere, I highly recommend this place!! Service was outstanding (Gayle). We will return!!

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

If you want 5 ***** Steaks in a casual atmosphere.... this is perfect for you and your family. Established over 50 years ago and going strong.