“Great girls dinner out...”

Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Crockett Street
Description: At Ostra we proudly present the finest selection of fresh fish, locally sourced produce and organic product flown in from around the world. Our Chef uniquely imaginative cuisine delights diners as they stroll in from the River Walk to enjoy fine fare and one of our famous margaritas. Ostra features exclusive river front terrace dining, a dramatic stone and glass oyster bar and two private rooms to accommodate any guest request. Here, you can expect quality ingredients, an extensive wine selection, specialty vintage tequilas and the highest levels of service in a relaxed contemporary atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My good friends & I spent the weekend at the Omni & had dinner our first night at Ostra. Everyone ordered the seafood paparadelle and I ordered the redfish. All dishes were cooked to perfection. Wine selection is also wonderful.

The breakfast eggs benedict the next day was absolutely the best I have enjoyed in a while. Eggs were perfect & the added sauteed spinach made it over the top.

Date of visit: October 2018
MNahat, General Manager at Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Norma,

Awesome review. Thank you for taking the time to write this! The 5 stars is just a bonus. I'm glad you ordered the red fish and pasta; Chef Patrick and his team have been focusing on those two items lately, as they're our most popular, and they'll be very happy to hear that their focus paid off.

The eggs benedict are my favorite as well, great minds think alike I guess.

Again, we appreciate you dining with us, and hope to see you again soon.

Stay warm,

Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband enjoyed wonderful appetizers and drinks here, I’m just disappointed that we did not have time to stay for dinner. We had wonderful service. Jorge was our server and he did an impeccable job. Oysters were out of this world. Would definitely recommend and would definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2018

Cheekytiki,

Thank you for the great review! I know that there are many choices in downtown San Antonio, and we're all happy you chose us to dine with. I'll pass along your compliments to Jorge, he's one of our best; super friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate about taking care of his people.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review, and we hope to take care of you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed November 7, 2018

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch on a weekday. We were seated immediately by a window with a beautiful view of the Riverwalk. We ordered an oyster sampler with three different varieties. Succulent and delicious! I ordered a crabmeat and arugula salad and my husband ordered applewood roasted salmon. We enjoyed every bite! A little on the pricey side, but definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: October 2018
Michael N, General Manager at Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Hi Meg!

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you and your husband were able to enjoy yourselves. While I'm a fan of the arugula salad, your husband chose my favorite dish; the roasted salmon. We cure the fish in house, cold smoke it ourselves, and then some pan roasting to finish. I'll let my culinary team know that they're hard work is appreciated.

If there was anything we could've done to make your experience '5-Star' please don't hesitate to reach out and let me know.

Again, thanks for taking the time to write your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed November 3, 2018

I enjoyed their delicious wedge salad and lobster bisque at a quiet tucked away table on the river walk in the evening. Great food and fantastic service! The view and atmosphere was enchanting. Just know that there can be a bit of smoking drift from the next door establishment.

Date of visit: November 2018
Michael N, General Manager at Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Snowbee2,

Thank you for the kind words. We are very proud of our space along the river, and I'm happy you were able to enjoy yourselves. The lobster bisque is a new offering of ours; I'll pass along the kudos to Chef Patrick and his sous John that it is well received.

I appreciate the great review, and look forward to taking care of you the next time you're in our fine city.

Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

We visited Ostra for two dinners while visiting San Antonio. Both were excellent experiences. It is an upscale dining spot right on the Riverwalk. Service is very good and the menu is fantastic. They have a raw bar and serve many dishes in addition to the seafood. We shared the seafood platter with raw oysters ceviche, shrimp, and crab claws. It was amazing. Definitely a place to check out in San Antonio.

Date of visit: October 2018
Michael N, General Manager at Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Brad,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent visit with us. We are truly honored that you have chose Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa to dine with.

We take great pride in the excellent food and services that we provide all of our guests. Our team of caring associates is dedicated to providing you with the highest levels of service excellence so that your experience is memorable.

Thank you for visiting Ostra, we look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,