All reviewsfront deskthe general managermotelfreewaydrawers
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I've started staying at various Red Roof Inn Hotels and it seems they have established a quality brand. There are not a lot of bells and whistles but I don't need that. I always feel like I'm getting the best value. The rooms are always clean (especially bathroom). Internet is actually high speed, and locations are always great. Best of all customer service is always great. At this particular hotel there was a lady by the name of LInda in the day and Joe in the evening who were extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Thank you for writing such a nice review about our hotel and your experience with our property and team. It is great that you are seeing the results of a nationwide upgrade to our brand. We do listen to our guest and our improvements are based on what they(you) are saying. I will be sure to share this review with Linda, John and the rest of the team as they are always happy to see that our guest leave pleased enough to write about it. Thank you again and hopefully your travels will return you to our great city.

Darlene

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof in at San Antonio airport prior to catching an early flight the next day. Our plane coming in the night before was delayed about 15 minutes and the shuttle service apparently stops at 11:00 pm, so we had to take a cab. The cost was $15, but the hotel refunded that to us, which was a nice surprise! The room itself was decent size and clean. The TV was a nice flat panel and the remote worked well. The alarm clock worked like a charm, as did the wakeup call in the morning. The AC unit could be upgraded as it seemed to struggle a bit, but it did a decent job for the night we were there. The bed, while comfortable, was two twins pushed together to make a King and if you sat on the edge of the bed, the other side of the twin mattress would flip up in the air, but again, not a big deal. However, it was comfortable and we got a good night’s rest.

The folks at the front desk were very nice and helpful, the lobby was clean, our room and bathroom were both clean. The towels are a little threadbare, but did the job. The hotel is very close to the airport (about a 5 minute ride) It is a good place to stay if you need something close to the airport. We were only there for one night (about 7 hours from the time we arrived until we left in the morning), but it did the job and I would stay there again should the need arise.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel here in the beautiful San Antonio. I am so glad that we were able to get in touch with you to rectify the issue with the cab fare and pleased that you saw this as a nice surprise. I truly do appreciate your honesty with the review allowing us to rectify any and all issues you experienced with our property. Your honest reviews allows our future guest an insight on what we have to offer not only with the room but our location and service. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again should you return to our beautiful city.

Darlene Jones

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My title pretty much says it all - this hotel simply provides great value near the airport. It is a totally smoke free hotel with clean rooms and pet friendly.

Most of all - it's the little things when you travel as much as I do - the staff here - they are always smiling and they truly understand the meaning of 'hospitality' and 'customer service.'

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thank you for writing such a nice review about your experience with our hotel and team. I am super happy that you had a great room for a great price. We are all pleased that you were treated with respect and felt welcome at our hotel. We want all of our guest to feel comfortable during their stay. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again should you return to our beautiful city.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

John Manriquez was at the front desk when I arrived and went beyond my expectations to attend to several rooms getting checked in (family arrived with 2 rooms booked at same time). He was friendly and would recommend this location for a mid level budget . The maintenence guy is also polite which makes any stay more pleasant. No pool though g
oood location

Room Tip: I always opt for room with minifrig and save tons having prebought crudités and a little wine and water versus the vending machines.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at our hotel here in the beautiful Alamo city. I am very happy to hear that you had a great experience with our team and were happy enough to write about it. I will be sure to let John and Willie(maintenance guy)know about your kind words about them. We all take pride in providing our guest with a great room for a great price and very happy to hear we were able to do that for you. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again should you return to our area.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Excellent staff that will go the extra mile for all guest. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds. It was a pleasure staying at this home away from home. When I return to Texas in next coming months I will stay at this location #223 San Antonio Airport.. I had a horrible experience at another red roof location but Lucy and Darlene stellar service #223 location made up for what I experienced at the franchised red roof. I will continue to stay at red roof only if it's a corporate location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for such a glowing review about our location. I do remember how distraught you were when you arrived and so thankful I was able to lighten your spirits especially towards our brand. I do understand how upset you were about the other location; however we do have franchised properties that are wonderful like our Corpus Christie South padre location. (I visit this property often and love it). Trip Advisor is a wonderful way to see what people truly think of their experience and I am very grateful for your glowing review. I will be sure to share this with Lucy as I am positive it will bring a smile to her face. Thank you again for writing a review and for giving our brand another chance.