All reviews fort sam yogurt free breakfast riverwalk alamo
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I paid almost $110 (Including tax), and I felt totally let down. I'm a Wyndham group loyalist, and I had never experienced such an uncomfortable stay.

- It may have been bad timing, but when I made my reservation, every other date but the weekend when I had to stay had a much lower rate. I'm taking 20-25 dlls difference.
- The room was on the warmer side when we checked in. I didn't thoroughly inspect it, which I should have. Closed the curtains, changed the A/C settings, went out.
- Came back after 1 AM, and just couldn't find a parking spot. There was no one at the front desk. Another guest was looking for parking too. Finally, someone showed up and pointed out three parking spaces in the front. They were really awkward spaces, and we ended up parking horizontally to the building.
- The room was cold by now, and when we pulled the blankets... literal blood stains. Or blood-like stains.
- You had to stand on the chair to turn on the TV, the (full wall!) mirror had some odd stains too, outlets next to the nightstands were impossible to access, the WC's flushing handle looked gnawed, the tissues on the wall were closed, and when I tried to open them, the metal cover fell too.
- Did I mention the bloody blanket? Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel!!!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Bee M,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. It is truly our goal to impress each guest with our service, amenities, and continuing improvements to our rooms, parking, and policies. Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Terrible hotel experience. Drove 6 hours for a family vacation to stay here. Front desk was unprofessional (complaining about their day, no apologies when my room was hotter than Hades for most of our first evening WITH the AC on). Housecleaning doesn't know to replace dirty towels with fresh towels, and then front desk wouldn't bring me fresh towels when requested (I had to go get them and even then was ignored when I got to the desk). Tub plug was just laying on side of tub and security bar latch on door was broken. No deep soak tubs as advertised. No lamps in these rooms, just bright lights in ceiling. Beds and pillows were okay and shower was good. Breakfast offering was average but sufficed. Front desk told me the regular rate for this room was $100 a night (checked website, that's only true on the weekends with the regular weekday rate being about what I paid on Hotels.com), and if you pay that, you're a fool. If you're only looking for a place to lay your head and an in-room sauna for the first 12 hours of your stay and zero service, this is your place.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Scott M,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. We are already making reports about this so the management will be informed by this news. We are very sorry about your disappointment but rest assured, your concerns will be highly appreciated to better our services to our dear customers. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Couldn't check in till 3 it was 2:30. Elevators where broken no idea how to get 2 kids under 1 up and down those stairs with luggage 2 times a day. We got double charged for our room for damages. Food was terrible. Never again. Our door was broken and wouldn't stay shut without being locked. Our lightbulbs in the room and bathroom kept flickering even with twisting them. This was deffinetly the worst stay ever.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tony P, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

kwilki744779,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and share your experience! I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. It's important for us to impress our guests and your comments will make this goal that much more attainable. It is our sincere hope that you will one day return to see how your comments have affected our direction in reaching our ultimate ambition of giving each guest a five star experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was horrible! The elevator was broken and we were on the 2nd floor. Going up the stairs with no air was not pleasant. Our room ac was broken and we were offered a fan. The bedding was dirty and roaches were on the floor. After countinous complaining they finally moved our room. Air was great but the room smelled like wet carpet/mildew. When I told the front office they came to spray the carpet with air freshener. My son got ready for bed and was looking for the sheets to fix the pull out couch..... finally I said pull it out and I’ll go get you some sheet. He pulls it out and low and behold the sheets were left in the bed from the last person who slept on them. Just gross! I contacted the manger
( by email bc they wouldn’t give me a number) and he called the front office to say we could check out without being charged for the second night..... how about the first night too? Still no response! They have not in any way contacted me by email or phone! Just nasty, rude and unprofessional!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Tanisha J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry that your room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. Also, we are sorry for the disappointing service you received from our staff at that time. Our team is working hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and are receiving the best service. Your feedback will be forwarded to the hotel management to ensure that situation like this will not happen again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Have you ever heard the expression "the customer is always right"?.....well the front desk clerk sure hasn't. At this point, I would settle for "the customer is a human being and deserves to be treated as such. First, I held the room with my card but planned on paying cash.... When I checked in, I was informed that the morning of the reservation, they charge the card. I immediately called my bank and asked to withhold funds. They said there was nothing they could do about the first night without opening a claim but they'd be happy to hold funds on the second night. I knew I wanted to check out the room before I committed to two nights. My suspicions were founded. This place is horrible. Dingy, dirty, elevator out of order..... Found a used toothpick on the floor (disgusting). This was the first time we'd been able to spend time as a family since my oldest son joined the military. All I can say is come morning we will check out, cancelling the second night and get the heck out of here. In still trying to wrap my head around the lady at the front desk that was so rude about everything. Here's a tip.... When your hotel isn't what is portrayed online, your elevator is broken and the air conditioner is out on one of the hallways, don't give your customers crap about YOUR keys not working and when there aren't enough washcloths in the rooms, get more!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Christie M

Christie M,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. It is distressing to hear that you encountered a number of issues with our housekeeping and guest services and I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and are working hard and fast to address these problems in hopes of improving upon the guest experience. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to
provide you with a superior experience.