“Lesson Learned”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 16, 2017

I have dined at Vegeria before and bought a gift card at Vegeria Vegan due to a promotion they were running. This year, I wanted to use the gift card and called the number on the card, non working number!

With a few calls, I learned the business was sold to Viva Vegeria on Nogalitos, which is quite far from home that day, we could not make the drive. So I called the business and explained my gift card purchase of $45. They declined to take my gift card explaining they did not have a machine to redeem or something like that. Other customers have also called them.

I am writing this review because (1) I did dine at Vegeria when it was opened so I can only say it was delicious!; and (2) in spite of Viva Vegeria not redeeming the value of the gift card, I would go there and recommend that anyone reading this review try the restaurant on Nogalitos street. Why? They handled themselves so very professionally and calmly, give them super kudos. I think the manager's name is Josh that spoke to me. He offered to give my and my family of 4 a 50% discount in exchange for the gift card they could not accept. And I learned the gift card was purchased over 2 years ago so humbly, time does fly away... If you buy a gift card from a local merchant, use it asap!

Seriously, I was not happy at first, then listened to what Josh was saying (think this is his name) and I wish the owners the best of luck because they definitely deserve it and showed great care for the people in the community.

1  Thank 879lillyt

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

I loved the food, it was delicious. Even my partner, who's not vegan, enjoyed it a lot. Very friendly service. The food takes some time, but it's absolutely worth it. Also, as a Mexican, I can say the food was genuine. Would without a doubt go again.

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

We are on a road trip. I picked this vegan restaurant out way ahead of time. We got there after driving 10 hours. We had to go find a waitress. She said she had to clear a table. We sat at a table with dirty dishes on it. Finally after 15 she came to clear the dishes. No drink order. 10 minutes later drink order. 10 minutes later food order. We ordered an appetizer of guacamole and our main dishes. We waited for our appetizer. Other people were waiting. There were 5 or so tables of customers. There literally was the waitress and a girl coking. I know it was a girl because someone's dish got messed up and the cook brought her dish out later. A party of 8 arrived. After awhile one of the members of the party offered the waitress to get their own water if that was ok. Another group was at the register disputing a check. After 45 minutes, still no appetizer we paid for our drinks and left. Totally disappointed. They apparently have an advantage because they cater to the vegan crowd, and there aren't many vegan places to choose from. If they continue on this rout of terrible service they won't be in business long. Very disappointed, disgusted, and shocked that they are trying to run a restaurant this way. I wanted to wait and support a local vegan place. But this was the most ridiculous restaurant experience I've ever had. Awful.

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Great vegan mexican food, homemade. Go for lunch though. We went for dinner and they were out of many items. The sweet potatoe enchildas were fantastic. We will go back!

1  Thank im4travel
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

Sunday brunch was happening when we visited Vegeria but we chose to order from the limited menu instead.We ordered the nachos and loved them but were a little jealous of the brunch partakers as everything looked great. We will visit when we come to town again and if it's on a Sunday we will have the brunch next time.