All reviews sea world lackland afb continental breakfast nice stay mini fridge seaworld walmart internet cons
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I definitely want to start out with the positives, The beds are very comfy, the hotel is extremely clean and the manager on duty is amazing he’s a young man in his mid-20s and he bends over backwards for all of his customers!
We left Dallas and headed to San Antonio at 5 AM and went straight to sea world for the day. We finally got to our hotel about 630. All we wanted was a nice hot bath or shower. My husband got into the shower and immediately realized we had not been left any towels from houskeeping. My daughter and her husband and baby we’re staying in a room down the hall so I checked with them to make sure they had towels before I went down to get some from housekeeping. They had no towels either. I headed downstairs to get some towels and there were four people in front of me also needing towels. What happened to housekeeping?! The hotel manager on duty was great, he handled everyone Perfectly and he had several people trying to check in. On top of everything else his computer was locked up and he never let anything get to him. I went back up to my daughters room and gave her some towels just to find out their toilet was broke. The water ran constantly and the handle would not flush, back down I went. Again the manager was amazing, he had had everyone checked in by this time he close down the desk and came upstairs to try and fix the toilet. He explained that the maintenance guy had a vacation day because it was his birthday so he was going to fix it the best he could and would have someone up there first thing tomorrow to have it fixed. The hotel was booked at 100% and there were no other rooms to be moved to. We got up early the next morning and left again for sea world, it was a new person on duty a young lady, I reminded her that our toilet was broken in room 219 and that we would be home around 6 PM and would appreciate it if the toilet would be fixed by the time we got there. When we got home at 6:15 the toilet had never been touched. That wonderful young manager was back on duty, I went down and explain to him that they have not touched the toilet. His response “ I am so very sorry, the great news is our maintenance man is here and I will get him up there immediately”. I explained we would be going to dinner and hopefully it will be fixed when we got back. It was! This could’ve been a very bad situation but this young manager on duty was amazing and handled every thing that we needed perfectly. I’m not sure why the young lady on duty that morning ignored our request to make sure that the toilet was fixed but thank goodness The young manager that was on duty later that evening was there to come to the rescue.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2018

We were extremely disappointed in this hotel. Our room was very very small. The hallway smelled horrible and the so called breakfast was all carbs with little protein and no fruit. The only protein was milk for cereal and a large yogurt container shared by guests! Unhealthy and gross! If you stay here plan the budget to eat elsewhere for breakfast. And the walls were so thin we could hear the neighbors coughing and talking all night.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This is by far the worst Microtel I have had the pleasure of staying in. From the service, to the room to breakfast or lack there of. Starting out they put us up in a handicap room. With no towels, no counter, no shampoo or conditioner. and only a FULL size bed. I paid for a Reg room with a queen bed. The AC is very unpowered. The lowest it will go is 68 and well it didn’t drop below 71 on and felt more like 75. With no fan I was sweating all night. The full size bed Is very firm, not what I’m use to. The room came with no fridge not even a coffee pot. They say they have free internet but didn’t t work. Called front desk to have the router rebooted to be told it was done 3hrs before. When It was working it was only 3mb a sec. Worthless!! And to top it all off they say they have a free breakfast. Yeah well that term is. loose. They have no eggs or protein of any sort. They have no fruit. Hell they don’t even have single serving yogurt. So “breakfast”
Hours are 6.30-9.30. We get down there at 9.05 I was going to pour in a cup some waffle mix. Read in the container it takes 2 cups. Well I didn’t even get one cup I tell the front desk guy at 9.09. At 9.28 he tells me they are closing breakfast and they ran out of mix. I go to the service closet to see the other employee shoving food in her face and drinking coffee. Again I have stayed in several Microtels and this is by far the worst one and most likely the last if I have other options. And lastly this motel is on a hwy that is under construction and there are no restaurants around. I will be contacted upper Management. About this horrible experience!

Room tip: chose a different hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Loud all of the time like the hotel is populated with families who live there long term. Smell from drains in the bathroom drains were horrible all day and night. Spend $10 more and stay at better hotels 4-8 miles away as it would be better value for your time and money.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Stay at hotel from august 1 through august 4 th. House keeping failed to make up room for three days. Came back to hotel each night to find dirty towels on bathroom floor. Had to go to front desk night to get clean towels. Third morning by 7:00 am hotel had ran out of items for breakfast. Manager said they hadnt recieved shipment to restock. Was told management would contact us regarding poor house keeping but have not heard anything from them.

Trip type: Travelled with family