See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Very nice place for the weekend and very interested and clean. thanks so much for the quick turnaround time. I will be there in again to add a few more days. I got some stuff done around here. I will let you know when I'm on my way but will be back soon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2018

Hotel was comfortable. Check in was a breeze. We called ahead and the took our info and said we could check in when we got there. Supper friendly staff.

Only problem was that the sink leaked and my partner said the room was not clean. I think the room was just old and need some sprucing up, but in any case is was comfortable enough for the 40+ rate.

The next morning I told the manager about the sink issue and the "dirty room" and she offered to comp the whole evening. I told her we stayed and the room was ok, and their leaky sink did not disturb our sleep. I told her to just give us $10 credit for the minor inconvenience.

My partner also that that maybe someone might of smoked in the room, and there could have been a slight odor which dissipated over time.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2017

The sign in the lobby of this Motel 6 stated “Great Room/Great Service/Great Price.” It apparently does not apply to this property which has numerous issues with each attribute. I booked this room directly on the Motel 6 website with a refrigerator at an extra cost. Upon arrival we were given a room where the refrigerator had what could only be described as a small iceberg filling up the refrigerator area, leaving no room for food and not cooling properly. We were then given a room that directly faced the highway, which was very noisy and loud—closing the door barely made a difference in the noise level. The window casing had a ½ inch gap in it allowing the hot Texas air to flow freely into the room. There was also a gap between the wall and the A/C unit where I could see the light of day. It’s amazing that the room stayed cool at all. No housekeeping, not even to remove trash. I had requested that the bed coverings/blankets be replaced—not an unreasonable request given that both in our room had stains and burns in them—but that was not done. The last night we were there bugs started showing up inside our room. All this after the Motel 6 website and confirming email falsely quoted a total cost that included tax, but that apparently did not as we were charged an additional 20% in taxes and fees when we checked in. The front desk clerked showed what was on his screen for my reservation and the amount shown as the “rate including tax” that my reservation stated corresponded to the room rate only and so in truth did not include any taxes and fees. I’ve made online reservations through other hotels’ websites and ended up paying the exact amount, including taxes, quoted in the reservation so I know it can be done. Furthermore, the rate more that doubled for two nights we were there, taking it from “budget” to “mid-range.” How Motel 6 and this particular property get away with these practices is beyond me. Having a room truthfully quoted and free of bugs, stains, burns, and non-working appliances that you've paid extra for is not too much to ask for. They should be ashamed of themselves. Stay away.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times. My daughter's dad works odd hours in San Antonio but does not live in town. Sometimes we like to come stay and spend time with him so he doesn't have to drive so much. Well rooms have been fairly decent not the cleanest but you get what you pay for. Our most recent visit in October we decided to stay the night before my daughter's first birthday as we had errands to run early. Well first room we get is not cleaned at all and restroom door is completely broken so I went and let them know and was given another room which seemed decent upon entering. We were tired so we laid down for a nap. My daughter was on top of the sheets covered in her own blanket from home. We woke up about an hour later to find ants upon furthe inspection inside the sheets and on in the floor in corners. My daughter was bit. I went and spoke with front desk and was told the manager was unavailable but would contact me. Never happened. So upon checkout I again asked to speak with her. It took about 20 min. Back and forth with front desk insisting that I speak with her for her to decide to come out of her office. I showed her pictures of my daughter and attempted to speak to her calmly regarding her cleaning crew as we had stayed there before and hadn't had issues this severe. It was usually a tv not working or trash not removed. She was very rude would not even have a conversation with me instead cut me off and asked what I want and if I was expecting a refund. Originally i was hoping for a deal on a next visit or partial refund but I accepted it was my daughter's birthday and I wanted to leave. A month later and last minute had to stay there again so I made a reservation a few hours ahead only to only to be told upon arrival I was on the "do not rent list".

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Hotel a bit old and run down
Visit only if you get a really good price.
Daily room service can be improved.
Vending machines can be empty so take water and necessities with you.
Elevator out of service
10 mins to Sea World, close to restaurants
Can get noisy being next to highway and as other travellers arrive.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family