“A Pleasant Surprise on Pleasanton Road”
Review of B&B Smokehouse

B&B Smokehouse
Ranked #129 of 4,987 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Old school Texas BBQ established September 1984, original owner, with made from scratch side orders, desserts, iced tea and of course REAL Texas BBQ. Let us know if you want your meat juicy with a touch of fat or nice and lean. And don't forget the dog scraps!!
Reviewed July 7, 2017

My son and I have been on a "BBQ Adventure," visiting BBQs all around the Great San Antonio area. We have rated this the second best BBQ in town. My son raved about the pork ribs and barbecue sauce. I would comment more on the ribs, but he refused to offer me even one! I had the lean brisket and pulled pork; both very good, and cooked very nicely. For a change, I got onion rings and think they were some of the best I've ever had.

bruce f, Owner at B&B Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Wow, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We love to hear from our customers and always value their post! Please visit again

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch. I had the brisket po-boy. Brisket was cooked perfectly. You order and pick up at counter and the girl working was friendly and helpful

Reviewed June 15, 2017

We always try to eat at local restaurants when possible when traveling and this one looked perfect after a visit to the San Antonio Missions. We could not have picked a better place. We ordered the beef brisket with green beans/rice and pinto beans/corn sides. The food was great. The place was a little small and packed with a local lunch crowd. We were enjoying our lunch (and people watching) when the manager came over and asked how we liked our lunch. After talking a minute he mentioned we should have tried his potato salad. He disappeared and came back a minute later with a side of potato salad for us to try. (Very good!) He also brought us some of their chicken to try. Wanted us to give him an honest opinion on what we thought. It was very juicy and flavorful. Before we could finish everything he came back and talked to us about the brisket. Said he had a different cut he wanted us to try and quickly came back to our table with some new brisket. He then gave us recommendations on our trip to New Mexico that afternoon. Extremely friendly and helpful fellow! I could not guarantee you would get free samples but I highly recommend stopping by here to eat if you are ever in the area!

2  Thank carrollm391
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

The best BBQ in all of Texas, the food is always excellent and fresh. The BBQ sauce is one of a kind and homemade which takes them over the top.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

Glad to find this place on TA. If you are looking for an "off the beaten path" local spot that's not touristy, this is it. The staff couldn't have been friendlier, and the food was delicious. Our portions were very generous, and the manager even brought out some extra food that we didn't order. I enjoyed the pulled pork, cream corn, and garlic mashed potatoes, while my family really liked the BBQ chicken and ribs. Will visit again when in the area!

1  Thank DSJmom