“great food”

Chongco Thai Rice & Noodle Restaurant
Ranked #711 of 5,105 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 1, 2018

I ate there on a Monday night. Although the only one there, the food was very good. I would recommend.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

The food portions are generous, the service is personal, the food IS very good!
Be very careful if you can't handle strong spice. Yep, I'm one who likes a milder spice in food. Even the mildest was slightly more than I would like.

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

I was here a week ago and love the Tom Yum soup which has a great blend of flavors. For my entree I got the seafood in a steaming clay pot. It is in a red curry served boiling hot and although it was good there was a lot of the same flavor. This week of course I started with Tom Yum soup but I asked for advice since I was looking for more of a blend of flavors. I ended up with the eggplant with pork which had a great mix of flavors. I like things spicy so I went for 7 out of 10 and it was just right. This is not a fancy place, but the emphasis is on the food, not the decor. They have a small selection of beer and wine that is reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

This Thai restaurant is located in a cramped shopping plaza near a convenience store gas station, hotels, and the airport. I visited it not long before closing on a Saturday night. The staff was super polite, quick, and efficient. I had the pineapple fried rice with no egg and tofu. It was fabulous! There is plenty of seating inside, but it is not the newest or most stylish. Everything was clean, but well worn. My guess is that this place does more take-out business and delivery than eat-in. It's probably not a place to take a first date, but it was a perfectly good place to get some good Thai food.

Reviewed April 1, 2017

The ambience is austere and cold. The chairs and booths are made of hard wood. Very uncomfortable. The waitress was from Indonesia, and was good and friendly. Workers in the kitchen were not Thai. We saw only one Thai, the cook. The food was mediocre. I had stir fry veggies with tofu. The tofu had been deep fat fried and was hard as leather. No bamboo shoots, no water chestnuts, no snow peas, no bean sprouts, no miniature corn. Over abundance of cabbage, a few carrots, a few mushrooms, adequate amount of broccoli, sweet onions cut up, and a good sauce. All in all, it was ok, but we will not return. There are several other excellent Thai restaurants in the vicinity.