“Beer, Beer Bread, and Great Ribs”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #88 of 5,106 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed May 7, 2016

My wife's friend gave her a Salt Grass gift card for Christmas and we just got around to using it today. We were surprised at how many people were in the restaurant as it had just opened for lunch 30 minutes before we arrived. The only thing I can think of to criticize about this restaurant is there is nothing for me to criticize. The decor was well done, the service was excellent (if you go I hope you get Charlotte for your server, she is wonderful), and the food was superb. My wife, who claimed to be not very hungry, had the steak and crab cake lunch and she inhaled every crumb. I had the BBQ baby back ribs. The meat was so tender it fell off of the bone with a hard look. The meal was served with homemade beer bread and honey butter. Throw in two Shiner Bock beers and I figure I had about 17,000 carbs and it was all worth it. It is wonderful to run into such a well run restaurant close to home. I will be back many times.

Reviewed March 22, 2016

Some last minute shopping before returning home took longer than expected and we needed somewhere to eat. We saw this restaurant at the far end of the parking lot and decided to try it even though we had a bad experience with the RiverWalk location. We were happy to find that this was completely different. The setting was clean, the waitress took the time to explain the menu items and the food was good.

Reviewed March 7, 2016

The photos are showing the River Walk location.. We ate at the I-10 West location.
The service was pretty good but the food way over priced. It was just your typical steakhouse fare with nothing really standing out.

Reviewed March 4, 2016

On a family trip for my stepsons Airforce graduation and his first meal off the base was here for a delicious steak. We were not disappointed. Burgers just as good, great quality food, plentiful and great customer service. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed February 24, 2016

Had a great meal sitting at the bar and enjoying the banter of the servers and meet some lovely people which made my visit as a solo female diner so much more enjoyable. Great service, good steak and I really liked the atmosphere. Highly recommend!