“Great Friday night dinner. ”

Silo Elevated Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Silo Elevated Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 5,105 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mount Cavalry
Description: We have been listed as one of America’s top fine dining restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks for many years. We pride ourselves on bringing pure delight to all your senses with a creative, world-class fine dining menu in Alamo Heights. We pay meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant environment. If you have a special occasion coming up and you want to create a romantic and memorable evening consider our private dining rooms. We offer something for everyone from small plates to soup & salads to entrees and oysters. We guarantee you will have a one of a kind experience that will keep you coming back for more. We are conveniently located in the heart of Alamo Heights and are open for lunch and dinner Monday through Friday but closed for lunch on Saturdays. No matter the occasion, let us handle the food. Whether you want to celebrate or just don’t feel like cooking, our menu is extensive without prices that will break the bank. If you are craving cuisine unlike anything you’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting then Silo Alamo Heights is the restaurant for you. Enjoy all Alamo Heights has to offer. Located just 4.5 miles to the north of downtown San Antonio, the seventh largest metropolitan area in the United States.
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

I love the duck. Joseph knows run a great restaurant. The food is always amazing. Barney served us well. Can't wait to go back. ;>)

Date of visit: April 2017
Patrick R, Owner at Silo Elevated Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2017

Patrick, thank you for the 5-star review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our food and service, and we agree that our duck is very delicious! We look forward to serving you another great meal soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

While visiting San Antonio our relatives gathered here for lunch. Our relatives who live in the area come here often and it is one of their favorite restaurants. We therefore had high expectations. I ordered the sirloin steak which was rather tough and not very tasty. It was served on top of mashed potatoes which weren't particularly tasty either. My husband and I each ordered the Caesar salad, his came with anchovies mine did not - there was no mention of an option for anchovies. The romaine lettuce spears were dressed whole rather than cut up. Dressing average. My husband ordered their signature dish of fried oysters and he judged them as "okay". Service was not very good. Bread was not delivered until requested then removed from the table prematurely. Knives necessary for butter were removed. Waiter did not check on us much. The women's restroom was not clean and needed attention. The prices were reasonable and the ambience/decor was stylish and attractive. Since we were being hosted by relatives we did not complain but we would not recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Carlsbadhappy
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Visiting San Antonio for many years, my wife and I decided that we needed to try Silo on Austin Highway. The dining room is located upstairs and is very dark; we strained to read the menu. Also, it is one large, noisy dining area. My wife ordered grilled asparagus and crab cake. The asparagus was too smoky. The crab cake was very good as it was grilled and not done with filler. I erred in ordered fried items - chicken fried oysters and duck rolls. Unfortunately, the filling of the duck rolls was mushy and lacking duck. The oysters were mostly breading as I should have expected being fried. I started with foie gras, which was not what I expected. The waitress described it being prepared as a seared slice of liver. Well, it might have been seared, but was raw inside. Again, being my first foie gras, that may be the proper way to prepare it, so I will give Silo credit for an interesting, flavorful appetizer. Yes, it is "elevated" cuisine, but not to our liking. Been there.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 15, 2017

This is a great place for lunch or dinner. It is very upscale with excellent food and drink. The service also is incomparable. If you want a romantic dinner for two, I highly recommend this for an evening.

Date of visit: November 2016

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal with us, and we always love hearing back from our guests about their positive experiences. We look forward to the next time we can serve you again!

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

For a couples' night out this is a nice place with good cuisine and drinks. You take an elevator one floor up to a very comfortable setting.

Date of visit: February 2017