“More Like 2.5 Rating”

Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mount Cavalry
Description: We have been listed as one of America’s top fine dining restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks for many years. We pride ourselves on bringing pure delight to all your senses with a creative, world-class fine dining menu in Alamo Heights. We pay meticulous attention to detail in a casual yet elegant environment. If you have a special occasion coming up and you want to create a romantic and memorable evening consider our private dining rooms. We offer something for everyone from small plates to soup & salads to entrees and oysters. We guarantee you will have a one of a kind experience that will keep you coming back for more. We are conveniently located in the heart of Alamo Heights and are open for lunch and dinner Monday through Friday but closed for lunch on Saturdays. No matter the occasion, let us handle the food. Whether you want to celebrate or just don’t feel like cooking, our menu is extensive without prices that will break the bank. If you are craving cuisine unlike anything you’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting then Silo Alamo Heights is the restaurant for you. Enjoy all Alamo Heights has to offer. Located just 4.5 miles to the north of downtown San Antonio, the seventh largest metropolitan area in the United States.
Reviewed December 9, 2017

My date and I visited this Silo location for the first time and what a disappointment it was. The redfish was cooked very well, but the potato hash beneath it had a horrible medicinal, bitter taste. We were also charged $6.00 more than the stated prices on the menu which was very odd. We were in a hurry to get somewhere else and did not have the time to send the dish back. The prices are far too high for this level of quality. We will never go back. We have been wanting to try the new location off I-10, but after two less than great visits to Silo, I think we'll pass.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My husband and I ate dinner here, and we had a wonderful experience. It is very elegant, and the food was excellent.

The menu has enough choices, but there were several specials as well. We started with the calamari, which was good and fresh. I had the sea scallops, which came with risotto and hericot verts. The scallops were wonderful - tender, flavorful and almost melt in your mouth. The risotto was very tasty too. I was surprised at the portions - very generous for a fancy restaurant.

My husband had the blackened redfish with crab. It was also very good. We did not have any dessert, because we couldn't eat any more!

I definitely recommend this restaurant. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

What an amazing dinner! My husband and I have been here before, and tonight we brought friends. We all ordered something new for us and each meal was reluctantly shared because it's so delicious. I had salmon, my husband had pork shank, our friends had scallops and shrimp and grits. Food pairings you can't even imagine were paired and prepared with such thought. In the end we all had dessert, again we shared desserts, creme brule, mousse and coconut pie. I cannot recommend this place enough and will be spreading the word to come and enjoy a great atmosphere and delicious food. ThIs place is above a small bar so there were light tunes flowing in the air.

Patrick R, Owner at Silo Elevated Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and sharing what you loved most about your visit! We are very proud to be able to serve you our 5 star dining experience. Thank you for the feedback and we can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed September 8, 2017

Several of us wanted a first-rate dining experience and we chose this wonderful restaurant. We were provided valet parking on arrival. We entered the building and rode an elevator to this second-floor gem. Our reserved table waited and our waiter was quickly taking drink orders. She was first-rate, professional and knowledgeable. She brought drinks and the offered specials and also informed us that because of Hurricane Harvey their famous fried oysters were not available. This made me change my dining choice. The menu leans toward seafood but offers poultry and meats as well. Two of us opted for the snapper special. It was excellent. We got raves from orders ranging from the crab cake to chicken breast. Folks, these meals are prepared to perfection. Salads were ala carte and excellent. None of us chose dessert. The table was cleared properly and water glasses kept filled. Our expectations were easily met. I cannot wait to dine here again.

Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

We each loved our meals--evening special of duck breast & risotto, a tenderloin filet, shrimp & grits, and salmon and shrimp. Ambitious menu all done wonderfully. And they've got a really good bartender, liquors and wine list, smart and professional waitstaff, and the room is attractive and arranged so you can have conversations at the table, even when the room is full. We enjoyed everything about our evening there and will return. The bar downstairs is on par w the upstairs restaurant. Try either or both and you'll come back.

Patrick R, Owner at Silo Elevated Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience at Nosh! We are so happy that you were able to enjoy numerous dishes on the menu including our special. Our staff will be very pleased to hear your comments. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future!