“Classic Texas spot for drinks and/or food.”
Review of Tycoon Flats

Tycoon Flats
Ranked #182 of 5,048 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Established-1983, Tycoon Flats is a mainstay on the N. St. Mary's Strip. This converted 100 Year Old Gas Station has been rocking along and making new friends everyday. We have operated as an Iconic Specialty Burger Joint / Beer Garden w/full bar & craft beer from local brewers on tap and of course...hand made Rocks Margaritas & Frozen Margaritas etc. In October 2008, Tycoon Flats received significant renovations keeping the Original Spirit with many Modern Standards and the menu expanded. The Fried Apple Bacon Burger got us on The Food Network in 2016 with our Candied Bacon Creme Brulee. In 2014 Flats began Breakfast & Brunch on Weekends till 12pm. With scratch Sweet Potato Pancakes & Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict to name a few. Our team prides itself on food appeal by handcrafting from scratch, all our sauces/dressings, soups, as well as hand-cutting fresh fruits & vegetables daily. Real food from real people is our main focus. So come to The Flats, have fun and eat great.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tycoon Flats is a N. St. Mary's classic that's been around for a few decades. And it's easy to see why. A classic Texas bar set up. There's some seating inside, but that's not where you'll want to be. Outside, there are many tables (some picnic tables, some round tables), an outdoor bar (lots of Texas beers, margaritas, frozen drinks), TVs playing sports, and fans. So walk over, grab a table outside, and order your favorite drink and a burger. Simple, classic, and really satisfying.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

The burgers here are fantastic. My favorite so far has been the Monte Cristo Burger and the Benedict Burger. The menu has a wide range of burgers that are unique, but so tasty! However, what I was most impressed by was their Bacon Creme Brûlée. I tried it out of curiosity and was not disappointed. You wouldn’t think they would go well, but the Bacon is candied, so it’s a sweet flavor mixed in with the creaminess that was so good everyone at the table tried it and loved it too. Give it a try!

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Everyone raves about the burgers but I tried the breakfast for the first time last weekend and I’m definitely a fan. Everything was fresh, delicious and plentiful. The owner personally came out to ask how our meal and service was. He was working right alongside his employees who all seemed happy and served all the tables promptly and attentively. There’s live music in the evening. On Saturdays there’s Sangria ans Sundays feature Frozen Margaritas and Titian Bloody Mary’s. Definitely a place off the tourist trap to bring friends and visitors. Awesome place for a Girls night or dinner with the family.

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Went to visit friends for lunch last weekend and we met at Tycoon Flats. They have a real nice outdoor area with a bar and TVs. I can see this place being great for football watching. I ordered the nachos and was not disappointed. They were very delicious. I chose to add chicken, but you can also substitute beef (see picture). The menu is loaded with options: burgers, fish tacos, salads, and they have an excellent adult beverage selection. The couple we met got mango fish tacos and thouroughly enjoyed them and my wife enjoyed her spinach salad. Our little tyke got a hotdog and was very pleased. One of the gentlemen who run the place, Mike, came over and chatted with us for a few and was very friendly. I would definitely rank this place between 4 and 5 stars. Go give it a try. You won't be regret it.

Reviewed July 20, 2018

Best burgers my whole party had ever had! The onion rings were just ok. Also the service was fantastic!