“Perfection”

Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 5,107 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$31 - US$75
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Navarro or Saint Mary's
Transit: Bohanan's is located in the center of downtown San Antonio; walking distance from most downtown hotels and conveniently located to city's public transportation.
Description: Bohanan’s fame is founded on sublimely tender prime beef grilled over fragrant mesquite wood. Enjoy extraordinarily delicious Akaushi beef, Chef/Owner Mark Bohanan’s large custom cuts of prime aged corn-fed beef, succulent seafood flown in fresh daily, and spectacular table-side desserts flambé. Imbibe a classic cocktail at the first-floor Bar at Bohanan’s, then join us upstairs for the best steak you’ve ever eaten. Located in a historic building in downtown San Antonio about a block from the River Walk. AAA Four Diamond rating and Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our splurge dinner night out while visiting San Antonio and it was perfect.
We both had a filet and they were cooked as ordered and just wonderful.
Our vegetables were equally delicious.
The service here was extraordinary.
We both thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,576)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were taken to dinner by friends, starting with cocktails downstairs. I can recommend the French 75. Dinner was upstairs in the window/balcony area overlooking the street. I had a very good crab cake for my appetiser, followed by mesquite grilled fillet steak, jumbo asparagus (I declined the hollandaise sauce) and baked potato. The steak was cooked exactly as requested, the asparagus (without sauce, as requested) was cooked perfectly, but I found the baked potato rather dry (over-baked?). Despite the dry potato, I considered it a great meal. It is an expensive place to eat (and I have had better steak dinners), but the environment is great and the service was excellent. I recommend it as a venue for a special occasion.

1  Thank Paula S
Reviewed October 14, 2018

While we were staying in Corpus Christi I planned a day trip in San Antonio and I booked this restaurant from the high stars reviews....I wanted my husband to experience a high end dinning experience. Well we are from Pa. and in New Jersey, their casinos have much better service and much better food than Bohanan's. He ordered salmon and I the filet mignon. Side dishes were ,their potato fries and creamed corn with lobster(that's what we ordered)
Let me go back a bit, Todd our waiter, did not show us the different cuts of meats like I saw other waiters showing their patrons. We ordered the onion soup also, which after being served where not asked if it was to our liking. Not too many restaurants can mess up onion soup...its either half decide or very good...my husband liked his salmon but also stated he has had better, for the price...my filet mignon was ordered medium rare...which it came but a 5start restaurant and no sauce on it or w it .I also feel it was over charred...We make better filet mignons on our Weber grill on our own deck...at a quarter of the cost..
the valet parking before and after our meal was top notch but the service/meal that I was expecting from this restaurant was nothing to write home about...I have not mentioned this meal to anyone in the embarrassment that we spent over 200.plus on a meal,with out a bottle of wine and that was w/out a dessert. reviews stated that their are better restaurants...I would highly recommend trying something new/different. if you are looking to impress someone go somewhere else...try NewJersey..or give me a call...lol

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Excellent and attentive service, excellent food, great wine list.

Fresh seafood and USDA steaks with a plethora of sides to chose from.

It's very, very good food but on the pricey side.

There's a more casual bar downstairs that serves up a limited small plate menu.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Our first impression at level 1 was ok. I was abit concerned with the bartender sticking her hand in a martini shaker to pull out ice, another was the cupping or forming of ice with barehands to a drink. Not a good presentation. ( please take this as constructive and to work on). Also furniture does have some rips and could be replaced.

BEST PART!!! (DINNER). Going to the second floor does appear to be at a whole other level of acceptance. ( Todd) our waiter, what a professional! He explained all in detail very well and timed our appetizers to dinner precisely.
I am highly particular when it comes to my steak, rib, or strip especially when paying a premium. I looked several times for discontinuity from edge to center for over or under cook. Mr Bohlman; and staff knocked it out of the park!! I have no issue paying what I did for such a superb meal. Everything from the oysters , mushrooms, and potatoes were exquisite! We made it home this afternoon and the majority of my conversation in flite with my wife was the perfection of this meal.

If you ever want to treat your significant other, don’t hesitate to spend a little more. I guarantee you will not regret or forget this meal.

On my next visit to SA I can only hope to meet and shake Mr Bohanans hand for his fine work.

Don’t pass this place up.