“Don't Pass This Place By”
Review of Josephine Street

Josephine Street
Ranked #85 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Jo Street is also well known for its friendly service, world class chicken fried steak, succulent pork chops & chicken, fresh fish, gourmet salads, scrumptious sandwiches, handmade desserts and upper end wines at uncommonly affordable prices.
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Without doubt, our favourite restaurant during our visit to San Antonio. We only discovered it towards the end of our stay, so went there the last two nights. Can honestly say it's THE best steak I've tasted in a long time. Soooo good. And the place is funky too. Always busy and not surprised. Staff are the icing on the cake - efficient and pleasant. Will DEFINITELY be there the next time we're in town.

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

If you are not from the area and want to see what TX looked liked back in the day this would be a good place to see! There’s actually covered parking (under the overpass!) which is nice due to our continued heat! And it’s within walking distance from the delightful Pearl.
This was our first visit to the restaurant and we enjoyed it all but I should have sat in a different area as my chair would start to slide on the neat old wooden floor. Wait staff is friendly!! Fast service and they were busy right at lunchtime.
We started with the tomaltia & avocado sauce with chips for an appetizer. Plain store bought chips, we were a little disappointed. Sauce had a nice flavor, something different and goes well over the salad and the grilled chicken that I had. Very nice side salad, good dressings, and my thin grilled chicken breast was moist. My husband really liked his thick steak. I didn’t care for the pinto beans because they had chili powder in them, that’s not true TX! But my husband thought they were good. The twice baked mashed potatoes had a nice flavor.
The single onion ring that is on every entree was good but it is crispy so careful there if you have bad teeth!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Local, local, awesomely local! Food and drinks are outstanding. Bustling atmosphere, friendly service!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

The place itself is rather eclectic as far as decor goes. And our booth we were seated at was noticeable slanted; my kids said they felt like it was from a fun house. But we come for the food, so bring on the steaks. Unfortunately, mine had to be sent back for being undercooked. Granted, it was incredibly thick, but I ordered it medium rare and it came out beyond bloody on the inside and near medium well on the outside. It was brought back cooked properly, but the flavor just wasn't there for me. We all thought everything was just OK. Service was fine, but we definitely expected more based on the reviews.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Josephine Street Steak and Whiskey is a bomb Texas Steakhouse! The ambiance is road house chic with nice service. I had one of the best Rib Eye steaks of my lifetime here. I ordered it medium rare, the sear was perfect and the core was tender. The onion rings are good too. I will definitely return here with friends next time I'm in San Antonio.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Josephine Street? Share your experiences!