“Very nice and close to everything”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #19 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We made a good choice when we reserved a room at the Crockett Hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the room was clean and well kept, the towels were large enough to actually be used and the water pressure was just right. There were several choices for breakfast and it was very good. The hotel is across the street from the mall, the Alamo and many of the local attractions. It is 1 short block from the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judy B
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Crockett Hotel after your recent stay.

We enjoy the opportunity to provide a historic hotel option in the heart of the city of San Antonio. Our location and unique property have kept many visitors coming back time and again.....for over 103 years.

We look forward to future visits of you and your friends.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

The staff at the Crockett (especially Shirley) went out of their way to make my 60th birthday get-together a great experience. Sixteen of us stayed there in eight rooms and everything worked out perfectly. We all had rooms overlooking the Alamo, which was neat, and we used a large room off of the lobby for my surprise party. The location is great and the free breakfast was a plus with a wide variety of food....the Texas shaped waffles were delicious! Everyone said they would definitely stay there again. Thanks for helping make my 60th such a fun event. Bob

Room Tip: Ask for Room 508....it is larger than the other rooms that we saw with a king sized bed and a view o...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank b f
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Having never been to San Antonio previously I really didn't know what to expect from the Crockett, but I was pleased with my choice. The clerk at check-in was very cheerful and helpful, as was nearly all the staff I met. The clerk at check out was less cheerful, but then it was way too early an hour for me too! The location, right across from the Alamo is great for exploring the downtown area. Cost was very reasonable for the location, considerably less than some other hotels in the area. The room, while certainly less palatial than some others, was certainly large enough for my needs. The included breakfast was very good with eggs, fruit, cereal, waffles, yogurt, toast, pastries, etc. My only minor complaint was that the phone was not working, something I didn't discover until I didn't get my wake-up call on my final morning of my four day stay. Luckily I'd also used the radio alarm, which worked just fine.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank DX2GO
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Crockett was amazing... From the Staff to the Room. It was great and cant say enough. Across from the Alamo mkes for a beautiful wake up to some breakfast and cafe.

Nice.. Would definitly stay again...again....again..

Garran (Chicago)

Room Tip: Anything near the Alamo
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend on a getaway trip and couldn't have been happier. Everyone was friendly, the location was right across from the Alamo and close to the riverwalk and the room was comfortable (the bathroom fan was quite loud however). Breakfast included eggs and waffles and was very good. For the low price we paid it was a wonderful value. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank E.M.90
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Background: I'm an airline pilot who stays at more than my share of hotels. I feel I know a great hotel, or the opposite, when I stay at one, and this was a great one! We had a three night stay over Jan 16-18th. My wife and I were unsure how the hotel was going to be, due to the low cost compared to others in the area, but when we checked-in all nervousness left us! The courteous concierge and valet gave us wonderful SERVICE from the moment we got there, and it didn't change with the shift swaps. The rooms are well kept and very CLEAN and if you get one overlooking the Alamo, that's what it'll do! You are physically across the street and you will be able to look into the Alamo courtyard and our toddler had a blast watching horse-drawn carriages pass by. Its the perfect LOCATION for touring the Alamo, the mall, Riverwalk, and exploring the city by auto because it is very easy to drive to. The BREAKFAST consisted of a great assortment of fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, waffles, cereal, and pastries! It was awesome to start the day with it.
Now for the other stuff you see on these posts:
There was a VALET FEE of 20 dollars, but that seems very typical for the area and in the end was really convenient with the toddler! The CARPET in our room was dirty, not to the eye, but will make the bottom of your socks dirty. Again, the rest of the room was spotless! Here is the real reason that you can get a wonderful hotel for a great value...there was a fatal accident in december with the service elevator, NOT THE GUEST ELEVATOR, and a maid was killed. It is unfortunate that an accident like this is detracting from the business this wonderful hotel should rightfully do. Also, being a historic hotel, some worry about HAUNTINGS. The only moans and groans we heard were the ones from our toddler when he was trying to hog the remainder of the king bed! Long story, longer: It's a great place and we will stay here again! The wife says "Ditto" and that it was her input about the socks/carpet...I probably wouldn't even have noticed.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Kayljimiam
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husbaand and I stayed there one night after being in Fredericksburg for 2 nights. The service at front desk was friendly. The valet person was personable and nice. It cost $20 for parking, but so does the other hotels in area. The room was pleasant and clean. We were surprised with the awesome view..we got a room on the 4th floor with a view of the Alamo gardens. We could hear the horse and carriages go by and hear the faint clippity clops of the horses. Its not fancy and new so if that's what you're looking for go to Marriott.

• Stayed: January 2012