“Historic with fresh breakfast!”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #19 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Nice stay with convenience to site attractions. The rooms were tidy and clean. The only problem is if you book online through priceline they may not place you in the bed type you "requested." The breakfast was filling with make your own waffles, cereals fruits and juices!
The only complaint is that the staff weren't well-trained about the history of the hotel, hence, the stay wasn't "excellent."

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Whoever designed the atrium of this hotel knew nothing about accoustics. We unluckily had a room overlooking the atrium. (Half of the hotel's rooms do this.) The hard floor, brick walls, and glass ceiling all magnify all sound in the lobby. We could hear every conversation 4 floors below. The first night a person decided to practice the piano at 4 am. The second night we had barking dogs. And last night, the bar was full, with loud customers right below until well after midnight.
I value my sleep, because I am here on business, and have long days.
If this doesn't bother you, then this is the place to stay. All of the good things the other reviews have said are true--great location, quaint, historic building, etc. But if sleep is important, don't let them put you on the atrium side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Alamo.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank aspenbc
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you for your review after your recent stay at the Crockett Hotel.

We think of our guests as visitors to our home and feel badly when their stay is not above their expectations. Obviously one critical aspect to any stay is a good nights sleep.

We will take steps to address the issues you mentioned in your review. We have signage on our piano preventing its use until after 10 am each morning. Our staff will watch more closely during late night hours so people do not decide that this is a good time to play on the piano. The bar entrance door may have been left opened, allowing the bar activity to be heard in the lobby. We will ensure we keep this door closed in late night periods as it is intended.

Thank you for your otherwise positive comments. We will continue to strive daily to improve our hotel product and service to provide the best accomodation for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We made a good choice when we reserved a room at the Crockett Hotel. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the room was clean and well kept, the towels were large enough to actually be used and the water pressure was just right. There were several choices for breakfast and it was very good. The hotel is across the street from the mall, the Alamo and many of the local attractions. It is 1 short block from the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judy B

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Crockett Hotel after your recent stay.

We enjoy the opportunity to provide a historic hotel option in the heart of the city of San Antonio. Our location and unique property have kept many visitors coming back time and again.....for over 103 years.

We look forward to future visits of you and your friends.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

The staff at the Crockett (especially Shirley) went out of their way to make my 60th birthday get-together a great experience. Sixteen of us stayed there in eight rooms and everything worked out perfectly. We all had rooms overlooking the Alamo, which was neat, and we used a large room off of the lobby for my surprise party. The location is great and the free breakfast was a plus with a wide variety of food....the Texas shaped waffles were delicious! Everyone said they would definitely stay there again. Thanks for helping make my 60th such a fun event. Bob

Room Tip: Ask for Room 508....it is larger than the other rooms that we saw with a king sized bed and a view o...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank b f
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Having never been to San Antonio previously I really didn't know what to expect from the Crockett, but I was pleased with my choice. The clerk at check-in was very cheerful and helpful, as was nearly all the staff I met. The clerk at check out was less cheerful, but then it was way too early an hour for me too! The location, right across from the Alamo is great for exploring the downtown area. Cost was very reasonable for the location, considerably less than some other hotels in the area. The room, while certainly less palatial than some others, was certainly large enough for my needs. The included breakfast was very good with eggs, fruit, cereal, waffles, yogurt, toast, pastries, etc. My only minor complaint was that the phone was not working, something I didn't discover until I didn't get my wake-up call on my final morning of my four day stay. Luckily I'd also used the radio alarm, which worked just fine.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank DX2GO
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Crockett was amazing... From the Staff to the Room. It was great and cant say enough. Across from the Alamo mkes for a beautiful wake up to some breakfast and cafe.

Nice.. Would definitly stay again...again....again..

Garran (Chicago)

Room Tip: Anything near the Alamo
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend on a getaway trip and couldn't have been happier. Everyone was friendly, the location was right across from the Alamo and close to the riverwalk and the room was comfortable (the bathroom fan was quite loud however). Breakfast included eggs and waffles and was very good. For the low price we paid it was a wonderful value. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple