“Staying at the Crockett”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #19 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Crockett is nice place to stay, clean, close to everything and the service is fantastic.
Eduardo Alcantar was incredibly professional and helpful, really an asset to the Crockett.

Room Tip: Ask for a level that has ice machines as they are on every other floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Crockett Hotel

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Great "old" hotel has been remolded. It is the perfect place to stay if you want to visit the Alamo and the RiverWalk. Only a few steps away from the Alamo and very close to the Riverwalk. You do not to use a vehicle or any transportation, just walking.
We were a little dissapointed in the beds, we had double beds thinking we were getting qeen size beds. The room was quite comfy and had added space that we needed with 4 people staying there. The breakfast was very good too. You do have to pay extra for the valet service, $20.00. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise1202
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for your kind words after your recent stay at the Crockett Hotel.

The location, comfort and convenience of the hotel has proven to be a popular choice
to visitors to our city for more than 100 years.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel is so much more than expected - particularly for the price. The staff were super helpful. The room was lovely. We had one facing the internal atrium, which could have been dark - but it was light and airy. It had 4 shuttered windows which gave the whole room a colonial feel. The bed was very comfortable. It is in a perfect location across the road from a gate to the Alamo, and really close to the Riverwalk. 'Continental' breakfast was included in the price. We thought this would be the usual waffle/cereal/toast presented with plastic plates that you get these days - well we were right about the plastic plates/cutlery and toast/cereal/waffles (Texas shaped of course!) but there were yogurts, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs (with or without ham) and pastries and cakes. Amazing value all round. Great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nlm123
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is a great hotel, in a great location. My flight was delayed and I didn't think I'd make my first day at the hotel, but the front desk staff was very accomodating. The room was clean but the cleaning staff was rude (which I don't think is employed by the hotel, I think it's an independent company). The hotel staff was actually very nice and accomodating; I asked a few times for a pot of hot water on several consecutive days and I received it promptly (I like my own tea and this allowed me to leave my teapot at home). :)
The location can't be beat. It's directly across from the Alamo, River Center mall, and a few short blocks from the Riverwalk.
My only complaint is that if you're staying in a room by the elevator, as I was (room 217), it's very loud. The elevator is loud as is the closet where the cleaning staff keeps the cleaning carts. They open the door and let it swing, banging on a door stopper. This shakes the bed in the actual room and woke me up every morning earlier than I wanted. So if you stay here (and I would stay here again), don't stay in a room that's so close to the elevator.
Breakfast was ok. Since I didn't know if the eggs were actual eggs or powder, I avoided them and only had some toast and jam. The fruit was OK, but I'd guess it's not organic so avoided it too (though saw others enjoy it). Breakfast bar also had lots of things to drink (several kinds of juices, milk, coffee, tea) as well as cereals.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room close to the elevator. Too noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ALY2011WI
Reviewed 26 February 2012

What a pleasant stay. The service was outstanding. The location is fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2012
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the many readers of Trip Advisor.

Our staff is dedicated to provide an experience like you described to all of our guests. We appreciate your compliments on our desk and housekeeping staff. It is also great to hear that our complimentary breakfast 'it the spot' for you.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

More than I would have experienced. The hotel is clean, lobby is great, bar has a Happy Hour. Eduardo at the front desk was courteous, friendly and gave us an upgrade. He even got us in at Saltgrass Steak House for Valentine's Day. We asked to get reservations on the same day. The Upgrade was huge and a corner room. Actually, a suite with a new bath and upgraded amenities. The only drawback - no flat screen TV.

Hotel has a breakfast included and though my wife liked it, I was not impressed - lot's of Big Texas Waffles and the usual fare expected at a Quinta or elsewhere. Coffee was terrible.

Across the street is the RiverWalk Mall and the River Walk. Across the street from the Alamo. Great restaurants to choose from - Morton's Steak House right across the street. And, of course, the River Walk. On the first day, we dined at Luciano"s Italian Restaurant. Great food and service.

Also, recommend Schilo"s Deli, a good place for breakfast and lunch. We also ate at Rita's MexTex Restaurant and the food and service was not memorable.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk, especially Eduardo if on duty, for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sabroso
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I live here in San Antonio and were seeking an inexpensive way to spend our Valentine's Weekend. Check-in was very quick and easy with no hassles whatsoever. Our AAA rate was honored and an additional $18.50 was assessed for the hotel's valet parking service. Since the hotel is located in a very convenient location, we parked our vehicle and did not need it again until we checked out. We were assigned room 225 which has a queen sized bed. The room, although small, was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was absolutely spotless. The shower's water pressure was more than adequate although the water temperature did fluctuate back and forth from hot to cold to lukewarm. Amenities included in the room were the usual hairdryer, an iron/ironing board and in-room coffee maker (single use filter packets). The television was an older tv. Being that the pay-per-view movies were $15.99 each, we had hoped the tv would have been an updated, better quality, flat screen tv. Needless to say, we saved the money and took a walk instead. The Crockett Hotel is VERY close to several local attractions. It is located directly behind the Alamo, adjacent to RiverCenter Mall and only a short walk to the RiverWalk. Market Square is an approximate 10 minute walk as well. Breakfast is included from 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Unfortunately we missed that window so I can't comment on how it was. Overall, the hotel was very nice with a great location. We will definitely consider staying at the Crockett again for a weekend getaway and plan on recommending the Crockett to out of town friends as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crazy4seattle
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

We are so happy to know that your selected the Crockett as the place to celebrate this Valentines Day. As you mentioned, we are a historic, boutique hotel in the heart of a very special city. Even the local San Antonians visit downtown for a little local getaway from time to time. We have a great housekeeping staff who care of the hotel and our guests like visitors to their home.

Thank you again for taking your time to provide feedback.