Crockett Hotel
US$119
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$139
ComfortSuites
  • Breakfast included
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$163
US$124
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$139
US$217
US$209
  • Pool
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$160
US$199
US$186
US$251
US$206
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$287
Omni Hotels
US$249
JW Marriott
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$314/night.

2,225 results
All reviewsernie's bargreat locationwafflesplantation shuttersthe river walktortillasalamo groundscenter mallwithin walking distancerooms are smallfresh fruitvalet servicevalet parkingshort walkhistoric buildingcomplimentary breakfastan older hotel
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great "old" hotel has been remolded. It is the perfect place to stay if you want to visit the Alamo and the RiverWalk. Only a few steps away from the Alamo and very close to the Riverwalk. You do not to use a vehicle or any transportation, just walking.
We were a little dissapointed in the beds, we had double beds thinking we were getting qeen size beds. The room was quite comfy and had added space that we needed with 4 people staying there. The breakfast was very good too. You do have to pay extra for the valet service, $20.00. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise1202
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind words after your recent stay at the Crockett Hotel.

The location, comfort and convenience of the hotel has proven to be a popular choice
to visitors to our city for more than 100 years.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

This hotel is so much more than expected - particularly for the price. The staff were super helpful. The room was lovely. We had one facing the internal atrium, which could have been dark - but it was light and airy. It had 4 shuttered windows which gave the whole room a colonial feel. The bed was very comfortable. It is in a perfect location across the road from a gate to the Alamo, and really close to the Riverwalk. 'Continental' breakfast was included in the price. We thought this would be the usual waffle/cereal/toast presented with plastic plates that you get these days - well we were right about the plastic plates/cutlery and toast/cereal/waffles (Texas shaped of course!) but there were yogurts, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs (with or without ham) and pastries and cakes. Amazing value all round. Great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nlm123
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a great hotel, in a great location. My flight was delayed and I didn't think I'd make my first day at the hotel, but the front desk staff was very accomodating. The room was clean but the cleaning staff was rude (which I don't think is employed by the hotel, I think it's an independent company). The hotel staff was actually very nice and accomodating; I asked a few times for a pot of hot water on several consecutive days and I received it promptly (I like my own tea and this allowed me to leave my teapot at home). :)
The location can't be beat. It's directly across from the Alamo, River Center mall, and a few short blocks from the Riverwalk.
My only complaint is that if you're staying in a room by the elevator, as I was (room 217), it's very loud. The elevator is loud as is the closet where the cleaning staff keeps the cleaning carts. They open the door and let it swing, banging on a door stopper. This shakes the bed in the actual room and woke me up every morning earlier than I wanted. So if you stay here (and I would stay here again), don't stay in a room that's so close to the elevator.
Breakfast was ok. Since I didn't know if the eggs were actual eggs or powder, I avoided them and only had some toast and jam. The fruit was OK, but I'd guess it's not organic so avoided it too (though saw others enjoy it). Breakfast bar also had lots of things to drink (several kinds of juices, milk, coffee, tea) as well as cereals.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room close to the elevator. Too noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ALY2011WI
Reviewed February 26, 2012

What a pleasant stay. The service was outstanding. The location is fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2012
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the many readers of Trip Advisor.

Our staff is dedicated to provide an experience like you described to all of our guests. We appreciate your compliments on our desk and housekeeping staff. It is also great to hear that our complimentary breakfast 'it the spot' for you.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

More than I would have experienced. The hotel is clean, lobby is great, bar has a Happy Hour. Eduardo at the front desk was courteous, friendly and gave us an upgrade. He even got us in at Saltgrass Steak House for Valentine's Day. We asked to get reservations on the same day. The Upgrade was huge and a corner room. Actually, a suite with a new bath and upgraded amenities. The only drawback - no flat screen TV.

Hotel has a breakfast included and though my wife liked it, I was not impressed - lot's of Big Texas Waffles and the usual fare expected at a Quinta or elsewhere. Coffee was terrible.

Across the street is the RiverWalk Mall and the River Walk. Across the street from the Alamo. Great restaurants to choose from - Morton's Steak House right across the street. And, of course, the River Walk. On the first day, we dined at Luciano"s Italian Restaurant. Great food and service.

Also, recommend Schilo"s Deli, a good place for breakfast and lunch. We also ate at Rita's MexTex Restaurant and the food and service was not memorable.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk, especially Eduardo if on duty, for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple