See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 18, 2014

If you're on a budget and need a secure, quiet and clean place to stay in San Antonio's downtown area, this place is it. I've stayed at the River Inn quite a few times over the years and never had any problems. In fact the owner Umesh, is quite an entertaining person who also cares about the comfort of his guests. I'm sure you would agree that owners and managers of most smaller properties rarely say anything to their guests. To me, that makes a huge difference when I stay at a hotel or motel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I requested a room with two double beds and was initially given a king size bed with mirrors everywhere and a beach painted on the walls. Not our kind of room. We asked to be switched and were given a different room. There was no undersheet covering the mattress and instead there was just a regular sheet that you slept on under the cover blanket. We think we got bed bugs from this motel since there was easy access for the bugs from the mattress. Cheapest motel we found near the riverwalk but you get what you pay for. Bed bugs.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When my and my friend arrived in the afternoon for check-in we were a little bit scared about the place. It is really the kind of area you should expect a gunfight. The room was nice and the A/C worked really good. But in the room next to ours, a couple was discussing, working and having sex during the whole night. My friend could not sleep at all. Not only because of the noise, but also because he was scared someone breaking the window and ask for our belongings. Only good point, cheap and close to Riverwalk (I mean by car).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Raul B
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stay at the motel, when I come down from Houston,tx to visit family and friends. I like the location, it's very close to IH 35, IH10. The people who run motel are very friendly. The location and price of rooms, I think are a very good deal. Stayed over 10 times haven't had no problem, nice place to kickback, also a/c units keep the room nice cold.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no mirrors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Umesh B, Owner at River Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2012

Richard,

We're proud to be your home-away-from-home in San Antonio! Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We're looking forward to seeing you next time you're in town!

Warm regards,
Umesh Bhakta, Owner

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while my home was being renovated over the weekend. The people who run it are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, comfortable and have excellent cold a/c. This is a hotel I would definitely stay at again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Umesh B, Owner at River Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Jennifer,

San Antonio can be quite hot in the summertime, so having perfect A/C is a huge priority! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the wonderful review. We'll see you next time you're in town!

Regards,