All reviews two bedroom suite front desk full kitchen nice hotel room was clean waffles light sleeper housekeeping staff breakfast buffet walmart gm kitchenette riverwalk
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in early December. We were given nice customer service at the front desk and they upgraded us to a two-bedroom Suite. That was perfect for us given that we have a small child. Breakfast was quite impressice given the quality of the food and variety. We would consider staying here again for the right rate, but it can get a little pricey at times.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2016

This place is good as with every other Marriott property. It is situated just off the loop next to LaQuinta.

My only issue with this place (and probably every other hotel in this city) is that they don't serve anything vegetarian in the breakfast menu. This feels discriminating for Vegetarians. Residence Inn usually has the potato wedges or the likes for Vegetarians but I didn't see that here. You see 3-4 varieties of items (pork, eggs and whatever) but they leave out Vegetarians completely. I requested them about this if they could customize something for me as I'm strictly vegetarian but they couldn't. The receptionist had talked to the GM but no 'approval' received.

I faced the same problem at Courtyard Medical center but they had a restaurant and the chef customized my meal without meat.

My advise to the Marriott Management (not just this facility): Please do not discriminate us Vegetarians. We too contribute to your revenue and success, so show some concern to our problem. A Non-vegetarian can eat Veg food but a strict Vegetarian cannot eat meat in any way. So include couple of choices for us too.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank sunalive
Reviewed November 11, 2016

We arrived during some renovations, but the good news was they replaced the mattresses the day we arrived. Bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was unique and not the typical Residence Inn flair. Staff was very friendly and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Nanci J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us! We work very hard to ensure that each guest enjoys their stay with us and it sounds like we were successful with you. I will make sure to pass along your thanks to Mary Helen and the rest of the team. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

This isn't a cheap hotel but wow did it have a downside. It's right next to the Costco loading docs so at 7am you get to hear a constant BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. The trucks must just idle in reverse because the beeping is endless. At least 30 minutes of constant beeping in the morning.

Also I stayed for several days and had to get my keys rekeyed EVERY DAY. While I get that things happen with electronic keys, I never had had a problem at any other hotel (ever).

I will say that the breakfast is good and the people that work there are super nice. But it's hard to recommend this...

Room Tip: Get a room away from the Costco if you must stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Nanci J, General Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

I have received the comments from your stay with us, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced of felt during your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about your experience here as we will use it as feedback to improve our service.

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

Location is good and the breakfast is good but the bathroom can n my room is dirty and the tub faucet is crusted with hard water residue. I couldn't get the shower to work but once I did there wasn't any hot water.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Nanci J, Manager at Residence Inn San Antonio North/Stone Oak, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

I do thank you for taking the time out to leave use feedback. I have spoken with the departments to ensure we address the issues. Thank you once again hope to see you gain.