3,019 results
All reviews bank building rooftop pool free drinks alamo national bank hot dogs nachos the river walk basement level stained glass chicken fingers light show baked potato mixed drinks free happy hour breakfast and happy hour valet parking direct access
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Drury Plaza for one week near the end of the Fiesta Celebration. This was an ideal location and a terrific value. The Drury Plaza is located on So. St. Mary’s street between Commerce and Market and has a basement exit right onto the riverwalk. Our room and bath were both as large as I could have wanted. The hotel has a pool and hot tub spa on the roof, free hot breakfast each morning, laundry room, and a happy hour each afternoon at 5:30. The staff was courteous and efficient. The hotel started out life as a bank building so the lobby loosely resembles a big teller lobby. When I return to San Antonio, this is where I will stay. The Drury Plaza was centrally located and (by using the trolley) I did not have to rent a car.

Room Tip: There are three viewing balconies on the upper floors (e.g. 22nd) to sit and enjoy the breeze.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank berkeley78
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Drury Riverwalk, Friday May 5th and Saturday 6th. We were booked in suites on the 14th floor. The rooms were large and comfortable. Balcony overlooked the riverwalk and was very quiet. Nice flat panel television in both the living area and bedroom. The room also had a small fridge and microwave. The hotel offers reception at 5:30pm that includes food and drink. They issue coupons to use for adult beverages. The food was okay at best and the lines were very long. The Bell Staff were very helpful and pleasant. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The major complaint I had was with the front staff. We had wanted to find a store to by club soda, She directed us to get our car (Valet @ $19.00 per day) and drive many miles to a Walmart. Turns out that a small package store is right across the street. We also asked where the Market Square was located (Very famous) and she could not tell us. Breakfast was included with a 10AM cut off. We never made it in time.

Room Tip: The Suite was $150/night through AARP. Only $20 more than a "normal" room. Well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Drury Riverwalk in San Antonio during Fiesta San Antonio in April. It was a perfect location to have seats for the River Parade during fiesta and enjoy the beautiful river walk. Also walking distance to the Alamo and Night in Old San Antonio called "NIOSA." Fun food and the people of San Antonio were very enjoyable. The complementary hot breakfast, afternoon snacks and drinks, and evening buffet were very convenient. The Drury is a lovely facility that originally was the old Alamo National Bank. High ceilings throughout, and terrace overlooking the city was a beautiful feature.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BDF854
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary and loved it! It's convenient, located on the Riverwalk and a short walk to Market Square. It's comfortable, the room was spacious and modern in the San Fernando Tower. It's full of amenities, with several courtyards and 2 swimming pools. The rooftop swimming pool was busy on the weekend, making a mid-week stay ideal if you want to escape the pool crowds. The freebies were outstanding - breakfast was great. They had a large selection of breakfast foods available. The 5:30 kick back dinner and drinks was really a nice touch and you could tell that everyone enjoyed it. The staff were some of the best I've seen anywhere - always smiling, helpful, courteous and professional. The only thing I noticed (and a very minor one at that) was the internet signal on the room balcony was weak to nonexistent. Other than that, this hotel gives you more for a lot less than other 'high end' hotels and I'd highly recommend it.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Hotel used to be an old bank. The hotel is well decorated with a vintage feel, just a little dark. The only reason I did not give all 5's because their towels are so flimsy and carpet is in need of replacement.

• Stayed: May 2012