3,020 results
All reviews bank building rooftop pool free drinks alamo national bank hot dogs nachos the river walk basement level stained glass chicken fingers light show baked potato mixed drinks free happy hour breakfast and happy hour direct access valet parking
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We are from Houston and spend quite a bit of time visiting San Antonio because we have family there and my son loves the Riverwalk. We just came back from our 4th stay at the Drury and I cannot say enough about this hotel. I have spent the money at Marriott Rivercenter, Wyndham Historic St. Anthony, and the new Holiday Inn, and Drury beats them all. It is conveniently located on the Riverwalk, away from the bar scene, which I like. There is a boat tour and River Taxi within throwing distance of the Riverwalk entry. The rooms are beautifully updated, while keeping the architectural integrity of the original building. This is something the St. Anthony could follow. We always go to the breakfast and there is never an unmanageable line. We did the evening kickback for the first time and I am kicking myself that we hadn't done it before. We are always able to get a room (two queens) for less than $135, and we were able to book our nights for $115 this time around. There isn't a hotel on the Riverwalk, in such beautiful condition, that will give you this kind of a deal. In reading some of the negative reviews I have to wonder if it is "Princess and the Pea" syndrome. If I wanted to, I could even bring my puppy along for the stay. Unheard of in such a nice hotel. The only negative would be the loss of self parking. The first time we stayed here, we were able to park ourselves and that is a missed savings. You won't find onsite parking anywhere in town though. As for safety, I noticed security in the lobby and police outside. The area is not much different from any above Riverwalk location in town. San Antonio is what it is, much like any urban center. Try this hotel. You won't be disappointed, unless you make a career of disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed for two nights at the Drury Plaza in August 2010. The hotel is simpley wonderful. We stayed in the San Fernando Tower and had a beautifully apointed room with balcony. We were a little worried about some of the reviews re the managers kickback at breakfast and dinner but our fears were allayed, no real issues with queues unless a 2 minute wait is unreasonable.
The staff were courteous and efficient, the rooms and facilites clean and well maintained and the location is just superb. This is perhaps the best hotel that we have stayed in as a family - the kids loved the rooftop pool and I have to admit to flashbacks to the film "Casino" when in the basement bank vaults.
To add some balance, the valet parking on check in was dire - we ended up unpacking and seeing to ourselves and on our second night some other guests were holding a corridor party at 3am which was eventually dealt with by security. These minor issues dont take he sheen off the place. If we ever go to San Antonio in the future, we would actively go out of our way to stay here - in the main, outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Glutton4Punishment
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times have been excellent. This hotel is huge, clean, great rooms with great people working here. Both times I have stayed in an over sized king suite. There is a seperate living room and bedroom, both had tv's. There is a frig, microwave, and coffee maker. This room is spacious and we had a great view from the 12th floor. For our 5:30 - 7pm meal we had baked potatoes, chicken wings, salad, egg rolls, hot dogs and nachos, and for the best part 3 free adult beverages. For breakfast, there was sausage, eggs, biscuit and gravy and pancakes. There was all types of breads, cereal, and juices. This hotel is pet friendly but there is not a very good place to take the dog to use the bathroom. There is a small area about a 1/2 a block from the hotel, its not much but did the trick. I love this hotel and will stay here every time I come.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

We were celebrating our 16th year wedding anniversary and decided to stay in San Antonio, Texas. I read plenty of hotel reviewsand made reservations here. From the minute you walk it the historical elegance and atmosphere of the hotel was amazing. I knew taht I had made a great decision. The morning Quick Start breakfast was so filing and the afternoon Kickback where each adult gets 3 free drinks each day. Did I say awesome place to stay. We saved so much on the meals in the morning and afternoon we were able to go and do some touring. Hands down the Drury Plaza Hotel on the Riverwalk was everything and more. Would stay again and tell mey friends and family how amazing and safe place to stay.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

We travel through the USA every summer for three weeks and have done so for many years.
A few years ago we became aware of Drury Hotels and whenever we are in a city served by one of there hotels we make a point of staying there - we have always experienced good value for money and friendly service.
The San Antonio Plaza Hotel is a stunning conversion of an old bank building. The lobby and balcony floor are amazing - retaining all the character of the old banking hall. The upstairs hallways also retain the original character - as you walk past the doors you expect to see 'Sam Spade' or 'Perry Mason' stencilled on them.
The hotel is bigger than most other Drury Hotels but the organisation of breakfast and the 5.30 'kickback' was superb and queues were minimal.
Location on the Riverwalk was ideal.
Reallly enjoyed the 3 nights - can't think of and negative points to report.

1  Thank ChrisCanary