“Great stay!”

Ranked #137 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Canyon Lake, Texas, United States
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Just wanted to let you know we had a wonderful time at your hotel. I travel quite a bit for work but this was just for fun. My 4yr old granddaughter wanted to stay at a hotel and go swimming. The pool was warm enough to swim and spa was perfect.
The young man at the front desk was very nice. He helped us pick a restaurant and got directions for me.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wharton, Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel in march of 2012. We loved it! Shuttle to sea world was fast and service was great! The pool was really cool. Indoor and outdoor. Fun little splash pad and pool bar for adults! The food at the bistro was great. We had it for supper because we were tired and didn't feel like getting dressed up to go anywhere. Burger was great! My boys shared the pizza and it was really good! Breakfast was good as well:) stay here

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Momzroc
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Rooms are nice and fairly clean. Pool is basically an over-sized hot tub. Maid service needs to pull up the bed skirting, because when I did on my final room check before we left I found three dirty socks that weren't ours.

• Stayed March 2012
Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Over the last year I've spent weeks in various Marriott hotels but this was my first time staying in a Courtyard branded property and I was, frankly not impressed. Now don't get me wrong, the staff at the hotel were for the most part excellent. I would also like to point out that this was one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. My room was spotless every day (spent 5 nights) and every time I was in the lobby someone was there vacuuming, mopping, dusting, scrubbing. All staff were friendly and courteous, no complaints.

So here are my problems. First the hotel is loud. From my room I could hear people walking in the hallway, hear people walking above me, I could even hear people walking around in the rooms next door. You can also feel the floor shake as you walk around. I think its a construction issue with just a wooden frame the hotel just makes a lot of noise. I was there with a group of people and everyone noticed this. Also in my room the smoke detector had two small green lights that flashed on it. I don't mean light up, I mean flashed like it was a camera when the lights were off, repeatedly. Everyone in my group complained about it. Very strange item. The wireless internet was slow, but they also had wired and once I switched to that it was actually quite fast.

Ok so the hotel has a "bar" and a "restaurant". The bar consists of a little counter in the corner of the lobby that the front desk clerk will walk over and help you with. They serve some beer & wine. Not really a bar. Restaurant? Hardly. They only have breakfast and its $9.95 per person. I inspected it one day and noted that they have the usual selection you'd expect for a breakfast buffet but nothing fancy, in fact the whole "restaurant" area looks just like the breakfast area of a Residence Inn which essentially serves the same breakfast, which is included with your room. Now in the last year I've become a fan of the Residence Inn with their free breakfast and evening drinks and there happens to be a Residence Inn right next door this place which I could stare at from my window wishing I was staying there instead of here. No shuttle, no snacks, (except apples), and limited dining options within walking distance. You can walk up the hill to the Texas Roadhouse & Salt Grass but its a rather large hill and if it rains... forget it. The indoor pool was incredibly small and the exercise room was painfully small and crammed full of equipment. 5 people in the gym and you were tripping over each other.

Again my complaints are not about the hotel itself, I simply didn't think the brand "amenities" were worth the cost.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Annapolis MD
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I would like to thank the staff for an excellent stay during the weekend of January 26-29, 2012. The rooms we had were very nice. The front desk staff on Friday afternoon took the time to not only recommend an excellent restaurant, but also setup our reservations. The recommendation was spot-on and we had an excellent dinner.

We enjoyed ourselves and would be very happy to stay with you and your staff the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: We faced the traffic side, but even at rush hour, the noise from the highway was minimal. Either si...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Malaga854
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I like this hotel. It is very clean and convent to the area I needed to be in. The breakfast is good and the service is not bad. They did have an employee that was out of his mind. He called at 00:20 the last night I was staying here. He claimed to be the audit manager and said there was a problem with their computer system and wanted me to either go to the front desk to swipe my credit card again or give him the information over the phone. I told him that it could wait until I checked out in the morning and hung up. He called back about 10 minutes later and threatened to have me removed from the hotel. I told him to have the property manager call me and he then claimed to be the property manager. I went to the front desk and told the clerk to have this employee come out and see me. He then informed me that the employee was not located at that property. I was unable to sleep again that night.

When I reported the incident to the hotel manager the next morning they did credit me for that night and they were very good with the way they handled the situation.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the groung floor near trhe side door.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Ireland
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving Break to go to Sea World and to go into San Antonio City to see the lights on the riverwalk.
It's ideal for Sea World, maybe a little out for the city but worked out ok.
We always like the suites at the Marriott with kids. It was clean and same as most other marriotts. Room may have been a little smaller than last Marriott I was in, in Houston but it was still fine.
The location is good for food, think it was a Texas Road House and Salt Grass just outside without even having to drive on road. Also it is right next to a cinema.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family